Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I went away for the weekend and winter snuck up on us while we were gone. About 1cm of snow on the ground from last night, and -2.5C outside now. Some are forecasting overnight lows of -12C for us in the coming days, with daytime highs around -5C.

I hate cold weather, but everyone else here is getting all excited and polishing their skates...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I went away for the weekend and winter snuck up on us while we were gone. About 1cm of snow on the ground from last night, and -2.5C outside now. Some are forecasting overnight lows of -12C for us in the coming days, with daytime highs around -5C.

I hate cold weather, but everyone else here is getting all excited and polishing their skates...

And where are you?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's been snizzling on and off for the past couple of hours.

Hints of a streamer developing, however not sure it's got enough humph to reach here or even down to the coast!

Weekend could well be interesting snow wise due to a potential LP that could be on a NW to SE trajectory going through the country, as long as we stay on the eastern side of it, it'll all be snow. Obviously this could change and probably will!!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Snizzle in Croydon.... makes the place look grim (mer)

Flex Your Head

After all of the excitement of yesterday, the weather is a bit of an anti-climax. Yes, it's cold and brittle with some decent sunshine, but the reports I've seen indicate that we'll have this for another day or two before the temperature starts to rise at the weekend. Not a drop / flake of the white stuff, sadly.

I feel cheated.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After all of the excitement of yesterday, the weather is a bit of an anti-climax. Yes, it's cold and brittle with some decent sunshine, but the reports I've seen indicate that we'll have this for another day or two before the temperature starts to rise at the weekend. Not a drop / flake of the white stuff, sadly.

I feel cheated.

The weekend could see snow here, as a front tries to push in from the W/NW and comes up against the cold air over the SE of England .... it's a knife-edge situation apparently.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

I feel cheated.

Me too.

Very disappointed that this spell of bitter easterlies is going to prove so short-lived as the Scandinavian High retreats. So much for the previously-anticipated month of bitterly cold and snowy weather. :(

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

I feel cheated.

Ha ha, this.

I feel cheated.

:clap:

I don't, it means I won't be sitting on my Jack Jones in the office while everyone else has a few days off.

:clap:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Me too.

Very disappointed that this spell of bitter easterlies is going to prove so short-lived as the Scandinavian High retreats. So much for the previously-anticipated month of bitterly cold and snowy weather. :(

Easterlies are notoriously fickle.... there is still a signal for a cold 2nd half of Feb, so all hope is not lost.

And of course the weekend could be interesting.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Saturday/Sunday looks very interesting going on the latest models.

But then again how many times have we said that recently!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Saturday/Sunday looks very interesting going on the latest models.

But then again how many times have we said that recently!

very interesting Developments tonight. Forecasts are now going for a potentially disruptive spel of snow down here late Saturday. Also themild air may not get to us at all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here