Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Recently, every Ashes series has felt (for England) like an ending. This one feels like a beginning for this team.

Only regret is it wasn’t next summer, reckon another year of Bazball tweaking and we’d have had them.

Fine margins. Batting sorted, lesson learnt on first innings declaration.

‘Just’ need to top class wicket keeper and two pacemen to join Woakes and Wood.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Say it as it is Jim !

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It was a great series. Ponting reckons both teams take credit for that, but the truth is it was because of Bazball. If we'd played the way the Aussies do, we'd be drawing the tests.

Ponting also thought 2-2 was a fair result - funny he'd say that, when they cheated for 1 win, and only got a draw in one because we had 2 days of rain. I'll always remember us winning the 2023 Ashes.
I'd love to see you on TV interviewing any Aussie. 😆
We stuffed them 2-2 and still have the Ashes at Lord's.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought Australia were going to do it after that big opening stand and when they were only 3 down and about 120 needed, so much so I turned TMS off the radio.
That's Test cicket, break a partership and a cluster of wickets can follow.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I thought Australia were going to do it after that big opening stand and when they were only 3 down and abou 120 needed, so much so I turned TMS off the radio.
The big opening stand was on a different day with a different ball bar about 10 deliveries. We should be grateful for the replacement ball we were given yesterday. It took 10 wickets.⁸

Screenshot_20230731_201550_Chrome.jpg

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
N/B i am not against what you are saying it's just keep our feet on the ground dump all the hype in the MSM and online. There's been many sound comments regarding the overall squad on NSC i/e quality match winning spinner, keeper position a pace attack with movement of the ball and pace on a quick wicket and then we need to talk about the batting line up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought Australia were going to do it after that big opening stand and when they were only 3 down and about 120 needed, so much so I turned TMS off the radio.
If a ball isn't performing for you, hit them in the face with it and get a new one.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A series to remember.

Well done England and Australian for putting on a great show

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Fine margins. Batting sorted, lesson learnt on first innings declaration.

‘Just’ need to top class wicket keeper and two pacemen to join Woakes and Wood.
We have a top class wk and Bairstow isn't bad. We also have a lad called Archer. Google him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here