[Cricket] The Ashes - England v Australia - 4th Test, Old Trafford, July 19-23, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A shame for Jimmy Anderson on what could possibly be his farewell test.
He's bowled 37 overs in this test match so I'm not sure if they may rest him and bring in Ollie Robinson or Josh Tongue for The Oval on Thursday.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
A shame for Jimmy Anderson on what could possibly be his farewell test.
He's bowled 37 overs in this test match so I'm not sure if they may rest him and bring in Ollie Robinson or Josh Tongue for The Oval on Thursday.
Should be his last ever test sadly like happens to us all Father Time has caught up with him
Needs tongue or Potts in for him and an unchanged other 10 and if weather holds at least it will be 2-2 if we play well

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Disappointment aside, there is something ironic about Australia winning the Ashes due to the English rain!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In-AccuWeather …. I’ve never used it and now I know why. It’s utter tosh.

On Friday forecasting a contrarian bright/dry weekend in Manchester for clickbait = income.
I ended up using it, clinging on to fabulistic hope.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMG_0362.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I ended up using it, clinging on to fabulistic hope.

I follow weather forecasts, particularly in the winter sports season, checking out the assessment of weather experts on a forum. Both the highly rated super computers such as GFS and ECM, and reputable entities who interpret it further such as national forecasters, mountain safety organisations.

Not once was In-AccuWeather mentioned :lolol: . I see that Trump appointed its boss to head the NOAA, the first non scientist to hold that post. With dodgy dealings in Congress too.

Avoid.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I follow weather forecasts, particularly in the winter sports season, checking out the assessment of weather experts on a forum. Both the highly rated super computers such as GFS and ECM, and reputable entities who interpret it further such as national forecasters, mountain safety organisations.

Not once was In-AccuWeather mentioned :lolol: . I see that Trump appointed its boss to head the NOAA, the first non scientist to hold that post. With dodgy dealings in Congress too.

Avoid.
It's like the Daily Express forecasts:

HUGE snow drifts to hit MOST of the UK for a MONTH

A spokesman for Weather4U said 'It will be a terrible month' Andy Blagger at WeMakeWeatherUP said 'It will be a difficult couple of weeks' The MET Office also added 'There is a risk of light snow flurries next week'

---------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement Weather4u​

Advertisement WeMakeWeatherUP​

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
All to accommodate The Hundred?

When are we due Down Under next and do we potentially have a squad good enough to win them back down there?
Nope. We bat like rabbits in headlights against their quickies on their pitches prepared for them.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
England to win? You've seen the weather forecast, right?

The market currently has the result probability as:

Draw - 4/7 (65%)
England - 9/5 (35%)
Oz - 560/1 (~0%)
The market, and you, were right. What a crap end to the test, and because of that, to the series. Such a shame it didn't go to a 5th test decider.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The market, and you, were right. What a crap end to the test, and because of that, to the series. Such a shame it didn't go to a 5th test decider.
Series isn't over. A big win for us at The Oval and they can go packing with their little urn knowing that next time they turn up they won't have won here for 26 years.

I've just taken a look at the historical series results.

26 years would be LONGEST any team have gone without an Ashes series win away.

All to play for.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Rubbish hope the ecb look into this holding these matched before august
Just stop playing internationals at Old Trafford it's not fit for purpose it always f***ing rains, shit ground

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Still a very good chance of scoring more runs off of the bat in the series which would something.

Admittedly something depressing, but still something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports