[Cricket] The Ashes - England v Australia - 4th Test, Old Trafford, July 19-23, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The BBC website have a lovely clip of Woakes bowling Warner.

A decent delivery, great pace, but was it an awful/unnecessary play by Warner? 141 runs at an average of 23, age 36, is he now a busted flush? Judgement and reaction time gone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If it was ever in doubt it isn't now, it's in the bag.
Indeed. There is no way in the world we lose this. A draw however is in the hands of the weather gods. We’ve got about 20mins left today, not enough time to finish them. That could be it for this test (and Ashes).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This always raises a smile when I see it:

smith.jpg

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Fkn hell, the MetOffice (loved on nsc) are predicting torrential rain at OT until 7pm Sunday, 80% to 90% chance.

Australia have totally beasted, this would be the greatest bit of luck in sport I can remember.
One of the commentators, Mark Butcher I think, said that last Saturdays Finals Day had rain predicted all day and they played 3 games of 20/20. There's still hope, although that's what kills you innit?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It will be a travesty if the Aussies hold on to the Ashes due to that cheating unsportsmanlike dismisal in the 2nd Test and a 2 day washout to avoid defeat in this game.
Just wondering if a whole day is cancelled due to the weather, why cant they just add an extra day on Monday to make up for it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports