[Cricket] The Ashes - England v Australia - 4th Test, Old Trafford, July 19-23, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I went to see Middlesex Surrey about twenty years ago (without supporting either) and despised Middlesex snobbery so much
I have since supported Surrey.
o_O

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I can’t be doing with those bucket hats Stuart Broad is wearing. They look proper yokel and should have a straw sticking out of his mouth.
20230719_183845.jpeg

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Come On The Rey, I've got a membership through my local club.
o_O o_O

I always saw myself as a person who opposes discrimination and all forms of prejudice.

But having meaningful, cordial and respectful discussions with Surrey fans is my biggest test yet.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
o_O o_O

I always saw myself as a person who opposes discrimination and all forms of prejudice.

But having meaningful, cordial and respectful discussions with Surrey fans is my biggest test yet.
Don't worry in a couple of weeks time we can just talk rubbish about the Albion.
I'm one of the strange folk who gets off the train for away games at East Croydon 😐

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
o_O o_O

I'm an ok person BL; I'll have a chat with you pal (and then give you a Millwall kiss :) )

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
More like 320 with the new ball in hand. This wouldn’t normally be enough, but as approx 120 overs (out of a possible 5 day total of 420 overs) are very likely to be lost to the weather, then 325 is probably enough to at least eek out a draw and take it to Lord’s 2.5 to 1.5.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
More like 320 with the new ball in hand. This wouldn’t normally be enough, but as approx 120 overs (out of a possible 5 day total of 420 overs) are very likely to be lost to the weather, then 325 is probably enough to at least eek out a draw and take it to Lord’s 2.5 to 1.5.
I'd be happy to go back and re-run that match if that's what is on offer.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm an ok person BL; I'll have a chat with you pal (and then give you a Millwall kiss :) )
And know there being all nice to me !

TBF, it's the county of Surrey I don't like, I'm sure the folks living there are fine. And having to support Surrey is an affliction that one shouldn't make light of.

I was born in Frimley, but escaped very quickly (although I did have to spend 5 weeks in Hampshire before my refugee application was approved for Sussex)

Sussex did try to send me back but thankfully failed.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't worry in a couple of weeks time we can just talk rubbish about the Albion.
I'm one of the strange folk who gets off the train for away games at East Croydon 😐
Very nice part of the country around you.....Warlingham...Woldingham...etc....spent some formative years in Selsdon....used to play as kids around Addington...Sanderstead.....etc......remember some pretty steep hills off the A22.....one in particular, my father used to have to take a run at it. he couldn't stop, otherwise he would have to roll back down again!!
Was it Succumbs Hill ( ? )

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
England's gameplan.....bowl Aussies out for 200.....get 350.....bowl em out again....not quite going to plan.
New gameplan...............bowl Aussies out for 325.....get 450+ ( very quickly ).....bowl em out before the rain comes.
( I wish.......

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Aussies should get around 350, which is a decent score.
No big 100s, but lots a few near 50s.

Several batters getting in and nobody making a big score suggests they are under par, unless the tail wags significantly.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
England's gameplan.....bowl Aussies out for 200.....get 350.....bowl em out again....not quite going to plan.
New gameplan...............bowl Aussies out for 325.....get 450+ ( very quickly ).....bowl em out before the rain comes.
( I wish.......
Bowl then out for 200 was never the gameplan on this pitch. No, the plan is simply to get the first innings out of the way as quickly as possible, the number of runs doesn't really matter. Would have been nice to have finished them off late yesterday, but not a bad day. Pretty sure Stokes will want to be bowling again tonight if the forecast stays bad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports