Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bairstow was out.

No cheating, just braindead batting (again).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wouldn't appeal the Barstow dismissal in Div 11 of the Cotswolds Hills league playing 5th team cricket. Totally against the spirit of cricket.
I would.

Stuff the spirit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Aussies have woken up the crowd, sent Stokes into full Rambo mode and given Broad licence to sledge. Perhaps brainless by them?
I don't think they are rattled, they just need to make field adjustments for the change. Stokes will give chances aplenty as he did at Headingley. They just need to take them. I'm not getting my hopes up, because it's very unlikely. But. my, it would be something.

As regards the cheating or 'the spirit of the game' that only applies when one team takes an action that seems uncomfortable that others wouldn't. But England have attempted this before themselves. No complaints. I had more admiration for Carey than anything, he saw that Bairstow was being dopey and had the whole thing planned. I don't like it as, unlike De Grandhomme last year, Bairstow wasn't investigating run opportunities, but we have to accept it. It can't really be compared to Bell's run out against India in 2011, where he was re-instated.

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Technically out - but umpire bowler and batter had all signalled the over was done in their own way. Unsportsmanlike for sure. Like kicking the ball out in football for the player to get treatment and it’s not returned and a goal is scored.
Tbh for Lords to be this hostile you know you’re probably a bit out of line.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bairstow was 100% out and completely daft, but I much prefer taking the opportunity to call the Aussies cheats and come up with a reason why this Ashes series they’re about to win doesn’t actually count

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I don't think they are rattled, they just need to make field adjustments for the change. Stokes will give chances aplenty as he did at Headingley. They just need to take them. I'm not getting my hopes up, because it's very unlikely. But. my, it would be something.

As regards the cheating or 'the spirit of the game' that only applies when one team takes an action that seems uncomfortable. But England have done this before themselves. No complaints. I had more admiration for Carey than anything, he saw that Bairstow was being dopey and had the whole thing planned. I don't like it as, unlike De Grandhomme last year, Bairstow wasn't investigating run opportunities, but we have to accept it.
The umpire was clearly moving the ball was dead, any captain of mine would never do anything like that poor from the Aussies

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
After spending the entire lunch break necking red bulls and chain smoking out the back
He'll spend the rest of the afternoon rampaging around St John's Wood with no shirt on righting wrongs and vanquishing evil (by very aggressively helping old ladies cross the road).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The umpire was moving the ball was clearly dead, obviously you are looking for some kind of reaction to your comment
The ball wasn't dead. Bairstow was OUT.

:stupid:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here