Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why is stokes trying to whack it? I know it sounds mad but why not just run 2’s with the field open wide??

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surprised Smith didn’t claim he’d actually caught it

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Could the people who have never played cricket stop contributing to this thread by constantly bleating that " he's out ". Nobody has said he isn't! It's all about how the game should be played. There is also the practical side of it. When I played league cricket the game would have descended into chaos let alone lasted for way too long if you took that approach. Every time having to over exaggerate that you are leaving your ground and asking the question is the ball dead

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Could the people who have never played cricket stop contributing to this thread by constantly bleating that " he's out ". Nobody has said he isn't! It's all about how the game should be played. There is also the practical side of it. When I played league cricket the game would have descended into chaos let alone lasted for way too long if you took that approach. Every time having to over exaggerate that you are leaving your ground and asking the question is the ball dead
Exactly this.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Bairstow dismissal was a shitty thing to do. Would I do the same as Carey in that situation? Almost certainly. They're professional players and it's ingrained in them to do all they can to win. We see it happen often in all sports. Doing the 'gentlemanly/sporting' thing is most probably the exception.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree…..that was one of those ‘come on lads, we’re off’ moments.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He’s going to get out doing this, can’t do this all day with the field setting like that.

You can bowl 12 overs in a row but can’t run two? 🤔

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Broad the perfect foil for Stokes here, will keep the crowd engaged and put in the theatrics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here