Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 1st Test, Birmingham, June 16 - 20, 2023

Ashes- 1st Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a strange pitch, looks like a sub continent Indian style pitch on day one, ball not carrying much already

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Aussies already on the defensive in the field. Would have loved to have seen Glenn McGrath's reaction to having three men on the fence in his second over of an Ashes series

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Promising so far...mind you Smith could well be batting for two days on this strip.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Right my dear cricketing friends, a question for you before the match starts. Something I thought of and did some research on when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I think I know the answer.

Who and when....

The last Sussex player to have his wicket taken by another Sussex player in a Test match.

The qualification being that both players MUST have been registered and active in the Sussex team at the time.
Complete guess (without googling) - Prior dismissed by Mushtaq?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Duckett cuts to close to his body..... Then does it again. He always does it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Right my dear cricketing friends, a question for you before the match starts. Something I thought of and did some research on when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I think I know the answer.

Who and when....

The last Sussex player to have his wicket taken by another Sussex player in a Test match.

The qualification being that both players MUST have been registered and active in the Sussex team at the time.
Did Robinson get Pujara at a point when both were at Sussex?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Interesting tactics from the Aussies, very defensive outfield settings protecting the boundaries but allowing for plenty of runs, shows you that Englands gunho style has definitely got into the Aussies heads a little

Crawley looking good so far, which usually means he’s about to get out.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Who and when....

Did Chawla get Prior? I have vague memories of them playing against each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here