Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ashburton Army

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe they all needed to go to the toilet?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I was a little punk rocker back in the 70s, anyone wearing anything that was the same as anything that anyone else was wearing was instantly dismissed as a twat.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So they’re protesting because they had their tickets checked?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
When I was a little punk rocker back in the 70s, anyone wearing anything that was the same as anything that anyone else was wearing was instantly dismissed as a twat.
When I was an Indie-Kid in the '80s, I emphatically turned-down an invitation to appear on a TV programme (presented by Miriam Stoppard) about why 'alternative types' wore all-black.

I watched the programme when it was broadcast, to be regaled by several Goths explaining that they wore all-black "to express my individuality and rejection of mass conformity" :facepalm:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
When I was an Indie-Kid in the '80s, I emphatically turned-down an invitation to appear on a TV programme (presented by Miriam Stoppard) about why 'alternative types' wore all-black.

I watched the programme when it was broadcast, to be regaled by several Goths explaining that they wore all-black "to express my individuality and rejection of mass conformity" :facepalm:
I was a goth / metal-head kid in school in the late 90s and I distinctly remember saying and feeling the same damn thing :ROFLMAO:

I thought I was so unique and different. And so did all of my friends.

But when you're bullied like I was by the cool kids, then finding some acceptance felt good regardless. Even if I now look back and cringe a bit.

EDIT: I'm still a goth / metal-head now to be fair. But I don't wear all black, all year round. It's too bloody hot in the summer.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So they’re protesting because they had their tickets checked?
I think its like for us, made a change to make it harder to just pass your ticket to a mate. If you are a special group of twats that all wear black and baseball caps, you can't have someone turning up in club colours and beanie sat in your group, ruins the look, only your group can decide who gets the spare seat and make sure they are informed of the dress code.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Saw a doc from the late 50's on beatniks, all wearing berets, shades and turtlenecks and saying they were expressing their individuality.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Come on it's a challenge for any pwoper norty oppo fans isn't it.

1. By a ticket in that area through their ticket exchange
2. Hire a tall Where's Wally suit
3. Wander in a few minutes after kick off
4. Ensure you make enough kerfuffle for someone to get the photo

SAC

May 21, 2014
In all seriousness, good on them for protesting about something they feel strongly about (no idea what it is). Missing minutes of the match is better than whining on ArseTV or on their messageboard. I had never heard of The Ashburton Army before so it's also free publicity.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Looks like our friends up the road have finally got some competition as “biggest bellends in the league”.

Ohhh, you’re scary.

:lolol:

I sort of get it from the Palace twats. They've been bumbling around for decades trying to find an identity, trying to be noticed, changing and reinventing themselves to have some sort of relevance. They've plucked an eagle from nowhere near Croydon as an emblem, changed their colours to resemble Barcelona, went for a Brazil away kit, faked the founding year to look like they may have been around for longer, had to hire a bunch of goons to try and generate an atmosphere and interest, gave that bunch of goons complete control of ticketing to stop them going on strike. They are just a noddy club amongst many recognisable clubs in London. It's a challenge for them - must be really tough and I guess could send weaker souls to such embarrassing measures perhaps.

Arsenal though. What are they thinking? Are they so desprately short of interest and atmosphere that a bunch of twenty flag waving drum thumping twats seems like a good idea? Jesus, last nights game was silent through the last twenty beyond a continuous and moronic rat-atat-tat tat. What an embarrassment - they are supposedly challenging for the league title FFS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I sort of get it from the Palace twats. They've been bumbling around for decades trying to find an identity, trying to be noticed, changing and reinventing themselves to have some sort of relevance. They've plucked an eagle from nowhere near Croydon as an emblem, changed their colours to resemble Barcelona, went for a Brazil away kit, faked the founding year to look like they may have been around for longer, had to hire a bunch of goons to try and generate an atmosphere and interest, gave that bunch of goons complete control of ticketing to stop them going on strike. They are just a noddy club amongst many recognisable clubs in London. It's a challenge for them - must be really tough and I guess could send weaker souls to such embarrassing measures perhaps.

Arsenal though. What are they thinking? Are they so desprately short of interest and atmosphere that a bunch of twenty flag waving drum thumping twats seems like a good idea? Jesus, last nights game was silent through the last twenty beyond a continuous and moronic rat-atat-tat tat. What an embarrassment - they are supposedly challenging for the league title FFS.
I came on here ready to agree with this, but on reflection I think @SAC is actually right. What's more embarrassing - actively protesting against something you fundamentally disagree with, or whinging like a pussy on AFTV?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I came on here ready to agree with this, but on reflection I think @SAC is actually right. What's more embarrassing - actively protesting against something you fundamentally disagree with, or whinging like a pussy on AFTV?
True. But Mr Arse's description of the Palace fans is spot on!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The sense of self-importance is amazing. “Statement will follow” as they expect everyone to be waiting with bated breath for their little announcement.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope you never shared safety pins….

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Whilst that's true, it also has a massive dose of 'Look at me!' associated with it. As with some others, it is all about how they are perceived/seen - little to do with anything else.

I'll watch with interest to see whether they go on strike to make their point.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When my grandfather was assistant capo in his particular manipolo (platoon) with The Blackshirts he insisted on wearing grey flannels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here