Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice (BBC1)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Or flooring them in the car park and parking their p45 between their arse cheeks :rolleyes:

People don't leave companies, they leave bosses.

They do - but it’s the company who appoints the boss and creates the reporting structure.

I left my last job because my boss was a money obsessed arse-licker who was more interested in himself than his staff. But it was the company who created the reporting lines to get him in the position he was.

Similarly if there is racism or sexism in the office it is the role of the company to deal with it. Yes, the blame is with the individual but it is the company which has to deal with the responsibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love the show. There's always one or two people who I can't stand and desperately want them to screw up and
get kicked out.

Same here.

But I want the unlikeable bitches or arrogant idiots to survive for a few weeks. They’re never going to win, I want to comedy and :catfight:’s to last in the series. Plus their bollockings from Sugar, Brady.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They do - but it’s the company who appoints the boss and creates the reporting structure.

I left my last job because my boss was a money obsessed arse-licker who was more interested in himself than his staff. But it was the company who created the reporting lines to get him in the position he was.

Similarly if there is racism or sexism in the office it is the role of the company to deal with it. Yes, the blame is with the individual but it is the company which has to deal with the responsibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've mostly worked for smaller companies, privately owned. Having got back into the workplace after 12 years SE I have noticed its much more self perpetuating HR/QA around, seems to go hand and hand with increased bell cheeses at work.

I'd never realised being a game player or arse licker was a defined career before.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've mostly worked for smaller companies, privately owned. Having got back into the workplace after 12 years SE I have noticed its much more self perpetuating HR/QA around, seems to go hand and hand with increased bell cheeses at work.

I'd never realised being a game player or arse licker was a defined career before.

It’s always been around, and I started work in the 80’s.

Depends on the organisation, on the culture set by the boss.

Sounds like you got lucky in your jobs pre self employment.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It’s always been around, and I started work in the 80’s.

Depends on the organisation, on the culture set by the boss.

Sounds like you got lucky in your jobs pre self employment.

Likewise started in the 80's. Sturtevant in BRIGHTON, brought us apprentices up and taught us proper!

I guess/think the problem is with big companies is the local culture is set departmentally . . . the big bosses are elsewhere. . . .

Of course you may be happy working with a boss if you know how to deal/handle them. or, unlike many these days, have skin thicker than Happy shopper bog roll.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can't wait.

It feels like it hasn't been on for a long time (probably because of Covid) and if so let's hope the producers have used the time by scouring the nation for 12 even more useless, arrogant, incompetent tosspots than usual. Quite a challenge.

Oh l don't know, it seems to me that there are more of them around now than ever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Likewise started in the 80's. Sturtevant in BRIGHTON, brought us apprentices up and taught us proper!

I guess/think the problem is with big companies is the local culture is set departmentally . . . the big bosses are elsewhere. . . .

Of course you may be happy working with a boss if you know how to deal/handle them. or, unlike many these days, have skin thicker than Happy shopper bog roll.

With small businesses, it’s a lucky or unlucky dip for new staff.

I’ve had a wide insight from working at countless clients over the years. There always seems to be a clear dichotomy between:

Empathetic, positive, decent paying owner managers - they look after staff not just financially eg if someone’s going through personal issues. Worth their weight in gold, don’t hastily throw away working for someone like that. Plus guess what, staff happily go the extra mile for the firm when needs must.

Dictatorial, back-stabbing owner managers, with a Victorian attitude to staff (master and servant) - they ease out staff going through issues, circumventing employment laws if they can. Usually grabbing 100% of the spoils. Guess what, the staff loath them and leave each day on the dot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh good. C**t Of The Year is finally back. I can now look forward to at least one power hungry halfwit acting like a complete bellend in meetings for at least the next six months. Thanks Auntie.

That was, and still is, Katie Hopkins, innit? ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
One day they'll look back at how they describe themselves and hope the ground will open and swallow them. If they don't, I'm guessing their families will be thinking that!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What the **** does the boys logo mean ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice bitching straight away from the girls.

If the boys win this it will be a miracle

Jul 7, 2003
I've been on that cruise ship - the interior design is very 'insta friendly' - so how they couldn't get inspiration from their surroundings just shows how clueless this lot are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here