The Apprentice 2012 - Official-ish discussion thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gabriella should have gone, she looked really weak.

Although I still cant get my head around how the boys actually won the task?!

They managed to offload cheap tat on dumb tourists. And it really was tat wasn't it? crap ideas. faulty bags and £15 for BIG teddie bears? LOL

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They managed to offload cheap tat on dumb tourists. And it really was tat wasn't it? crap ideas. faulty bags and £15 for BIG teddie bears? LOL

Gotta love tourists!

As the great Lord Lydon of John once muttered... tourists are moneyyyyyyy

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The East European was HOT and for that it is a crying shame. Shallow I know but one of the major eye candies has gone in week 1. A sad day.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The only thing I don't like about The Apprentice is that there is so much you don't see. The way the footage was put together, it looked like the boys hardly shifted anything. To generate over a thousand in sales, considering the pricing of their awful products, is a minor miracle. You don't see enough of the tasks in my opinion. I know it is entertainment first and foremost, but some people are interested in the business as well.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
The only thing I don't like about The Apprentice is that there is so much you don't see. The way the footage was put together, it looked like the boys hardly shifted anything. To generate over a thousand in sales, considering the pricing of their awful products, is a minor miracle. You don't see enough of the tasks in my opinion. I know it is entertainment first and foremost, but some people are interested in the business as well.

Should be an uncut version on BBC 3/4 or late night on BBC 1. 2 hour show would be a nice option to have.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Should be an uncut version on BBC 3/4 or late night on BBC 1. 2 hour show would be a nice option to have.

I e-mailed them last series asking if they would consider it, and they said no, because the demand wasn't there. I replied saying I find it strange they would think there would be less demand for that, than for any of the numerous crap "comedy" programmes they show on those channels.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Gotta love tourists!

As the great Lord Lydon of John once muttered... tourists are moneyyyyyyy

Was that just after he muttered about tacky sell out butter adverts being moneyyyy???

Back to the show, it was the right decision but a shame for us fellas as she was the best looking of the bunch.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Crafty editing to make it look like the girls' victory was a foregone conclusion.

I generally look at which team appears to be sailing through, and then assume it's going to be them that get fired. Always the way.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Crafty editing to make it look like the girls' victory was a foregone conclusion.

I generally look at which team appears to be sailing through, and then assume it's going to be them that get fired. Always the way.

This is a good rule of thumb with Apprentice watching no doubt.

Also works with BBC snooker highlights.

When they cut to a frame half way through whomever is at the table is guaranteed to miss letting the other player in.

And WWE. Whomever is getting whipped at the start always makes comeback or a shock victory.

Shame footy doesn't work the same way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always makes me laugh when the winning team starts high-fiving and convincing themselves that they won because of some piece of strategic brilliance, rather than by virtue of the fact that they were ever so slightly less shit than the other team.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Yes its mad, the Girls product was quite good they should have won by miles, if they could have worked out a decent pricing strategy and spent less time in a taxi and walking.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

This, this and this again.

I almost complained last year because it was getting so obvious. The team you expect to win always loses. So predictable.

Gabriella shoulda gone. Weak leader and lost control of herself in the immature outburst in the boardroom.

Katie was too quiet in this one, but I reckon she will do all right.

Illyana was a tadge unlucky. She was excellent with the selling and definitely had leadership qualities. Would have been an entertaining one to watch in the rest of the series. Unfortunately she rubbed the other girls up the wrong way and they stuck the knife in. Still reckon she would have survived if she hadn't mouthed off in the boardroom. Bad move.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Thing is I live round the corner from Regents Park and I was literally screaming CAMDEN HIGH STREET!!!!

To be fair she took an educated punt in Primrose Hill where a lot of small boutiques sell clobber at a higher-end price. Bilyana obviously knew these boutiques were there and went to sell the remaining stock rather than individual items on Camden High Street when time was running out. Where girls messed up was like being like a pack of hyenas in the shop. If one person had spoken to the shop owner then I am sure the remaining stock would have gone.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
When will people learn that this game is always about profit margin. You can have the best product ever, but the nature of the tasks is that you don't have to worry about repeat business or customer service after the event so it's best to just knock out cheap tat for as much as you possibly can.

And does anyone really think that bulgarian was good at selling? All she did was shout at people in a monotone voice, I've seen more engaging sales patter in the pound shop!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Was that just after he muttered about tacky sell out butter adverts being moneyyyy???

Back to the show, it was the right decision but a shame for us fellas as she was the best looking of the bunch.

Yeah, give or take 30 years.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=16837]Jim Van Winkle[/MENTION], I couldn't understand why they were hunting in packs when they could have split up and then arguing about who's go next. BUT, Camden v Primrose Hill with the tat they were selling? No brainer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports