Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX pies

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Muhammed 'im hard' Bruce Lee very kindly said he would contact me on the odd occasions that the seat next to his is likely to be available.

Having seen the photo above all I can say is:

(a) That is a bloody fantastic seat.
(b) On the odd occasions I'm lucky enough to go to games with Muhammed 'im hard' Bruce Lee I'm not anticipating anyone giving us any trouble!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For those sad bastards on a diet , how many calories are there in the 3 available pies ? With no chips to go with them they might be an option.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
For those sad bastards on a diet , how many calories are there in the 3 available pies ? With no chips to go with them they might be an option.
All i know is that pastry is fattening even without filling.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If only the club would take a leaf from the pie suppliers book.
There's not enough seasoning in the pies.
Pie firm rep. I didn't think there was either, I'll tell me mum.
Sorted. :lolol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't know if it's been covered in this thread already, or anywhere else on NSC, but my Dad was talking to the guy who is 'Gully' yesterday. Apparently prior to each home game Piglett's Pantry contact the visiting team to find out a favoured local dish to make more appealing pies for away fans :eek: thats good service!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm very much looking forward to getting involved with the pies today.

There had better be enough veggie ones to go round.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One of the best I've had at a football ground - good to have something that tasted homemade. Thought the centre of it looked a bit on the small side at first glance i.e. a lot of pastry around the edges and not much filling, but once I'd got through the first couple of mouthfuls, very tasty. And the seasoning in the pastry is good too. I'd probably be happy with a bit less crust but then that does make it easy to eat...

On the whole, big :thumbsup:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I had the veggie pie and thought it was delicious, much better looking than the veggie burger so I'm happy I made the right decision.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Come on then, for those at the game... what was the general thoughts on the pies. Always like to get feedback on any improvements (awaits majority asking for Balti pies)

Fella, you want some feedback. Not the best pie i have ever had in my life. (try the real pie factory's pies, and you will understand why), however for a football stadium pie, they are good. I had the steak and Ale pie, and my personal opinion is the herbs were a touch overpowering, but had a nice flavour. not trying to be a touch stereotypical for football pies, but it might be worth thinking about a Chicken Balti or chicken curry option, they always go down well at football stadia.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We only made about 100 Bozza, better be quick!

Did you really? 100 out of 2000 (or more)?

Before the game - no joy. Joined the WSU queue at around 2:15 I think and we were never going to be served before kick off so left it.

Halftime, when we finally reached the front, having queued from 3:30 there were no pies left. Not much else either.

I finally got one after the game and can report it as being excellent. If I am ever able to get to the front of a queue again, I shall buy another.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bought a pie after the game to take home. No salt or pepper sachets in the box. as there was on Wednesday evening. No real biggie as I added them when I got home. But for premium price products, they should be in the box! Pie was nice, steak and ale.

ps...served luke warm (not good)

Overall 7/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here