The AMEX pies

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Tasting now complete on all 3 pies, my verdict:

1.Veg pie, really nice and with a little spice
2.Steak, again nice and firm and meat really tasty
3.Chicken, leek and Gammon, fantastic, really tasty

Agree with loads that have been said, the lady is lovely and told me the whole story on how she got the gig. On the Balti pie, she is playing with a recipe, but thinks they will go with these 3 first and see how things go.

Go and taste you will not be disapointed and she told me that the 1901 club members will be getting a small pie version at half time, not sure if that is part of the chargeable buffet, but we will see.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Tasting now complete on all 3 pies, my verdict:

1.Veg pie, really nice and with a little spice
2.Steak, again nice and firm and meat really tasty
3.Chicken, leek and Gammon, fantastic, really tasty

Agree with loads that have been said, the lady is lovely and told me the whole story on how she got the gig. On the Balti pie, she is playing with a recipe, but thinks they will go with these 3 first and see how things go.

Go and taste you will not be disapointed and she told me that the 1901 club members will be getting a small pie version at half time, not sure if that is part of the chargeable buffet, but we will see.

well i had the chicken one so things can only get better :)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Have just visited this fine establishment in East Street. Don't be put off by the road works. Seems to have been going on for ever but all of the shops seem to be open. There was no steak and ale pie on offer (which was ok as I am alcohol-free at present). The chicken/leek/gammon was a really tasty pie and straight out of the hot shelf. I was going to save it for tonight's meal but I'm afraid my resistance was down and I found a seat under a tree close-by. (The weather is hot today.) These are to be recommended - £2.50 was good value for money with the quality ingredients. Not sure what the Falmer price will be but they will be very popular.

**Thanks Jo for treating my taste-buds and good-luck with the venture**

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just had the chicken pie with potatoes and vegetables. The taste was absolutely brilliant and had plenty of filling. When I saw it I was somewhat suprised by the description of being large as I would class it as about the same size as the usual supermarket pies but filled a lot more. I want to try the normal size one to see how it compares as I thought that the large one is perhaps too much with vegetables as a meal but not enough to share. Overall view is that the pie was excellant and will go down very well at The Amex. Also as has been said the filling is so packed that a fork will not be needed to eat it with.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This bold claim holds true.

Me and Uter sat on a bench in the church gardens and ate a pie each with no cutlery or even a serviette for that matter. Neither of us had a problem. A brief lick of the lips at the end was all that was needed.

Will the structural integrity hold up with the addition of a ketchup adornment ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The ketchup wouldnt add to the taste of the pie and in fact would probably ruin it, but I suppose it is everyone to his own.

I find the coolness of the ketchup takes the ensemble to a new level

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I spotted them in Sainsburys (Vogue Giratory) today... They're obviosuly spreading.

I thought that Jo's youngest son, Shoreham Beach Seagull said that they are only available from her shop and soon to be The Amex. When I bought mine yesterday she only had 3 large Chicken pies which she had kept to take up to the Amex for them to test the ovens out for cooking them. She said that she was making some more steak ones on Wednesday.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Had a Steak and Ale tonight, was very nice and much better than what you get in most grounds, but if I was going to go all masterchef I'd say:

Weaknesses - Could do with being a bit warmer. The filling was underseasoned, could definitely do with some more salt and pepper, perhaps some extra herbage.

Strengths - Lovely consitancy to the pastry, not too hard and not too soft. Meat content in the filling, there were chunks of melt in the mouth steak - lovely.

Will try the chicken one at the spurs friendly.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Had a Steak and Ale tonight, was very nice and much better than what you get in most grounds, but if I was going to go all masterchef I'd say:

Weaknesses - Could do with being a bit warmer. The filling was underseasoned, could definitely do with some more salt and pepper, perhaps some extra herbage.

Strengths - Lovely consitancy to the pastry, not too hard and not too soft. Meat content in the filling, there were chunks of melt in the mouth steak - lovely.

Will try the chicken one at the spurs friendly.

First time we had made a massive batch of pies, I also thought it was a bit underseasoned. Think we have it about right now so all is good :thumbsup:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I had a Steak and Ale pie and washed it down with a couple of pints...........best pie i've ever had at a football ground. Although the Chicken Balti i had at Rotherham a few years back was pretty good too....

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just incase people are thinking of travelling to the shop for the pies, we aren't at that shop anymore. However we should shortly be selling the pies elsewhere in Shoreham and will update when I know any further details.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I had a Steak and Ale pie and washed it down with a couple of pints...........best pie i've ever had at a football ground. Although the Chicken Balti i had at Rotherham a few years back was pretty good too....
AND you saved the box it came in :laugh:

i concur with your views on the steak pie though.
bloody lovely.

ps...can you send me the photo you took of me in my seat :)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
AND you saved the box it came in :laugh:

i concur with your views on the steak pie though.
bloody lovely.

ps...can you send me the photo you took of me in my seat :)
I ONLY SAVED THE BOX SO I COULD CUT OUT THE CREST AND STICK IT TO MY ARM AND LOOK LIKE A DOUBLE HARD BASTARD LIKE YOU!!!!
AMEX VISIT 019.JPG:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here