Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX pies

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'd say the trick is in the pastry being firm and the meat content being high. To much gravy makes for a sloppy filling and a soggy floppy pasty base.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good effort HT. Is there ANYTHING you won't do to help the good folk of NSC out?

Thank you. I did see this lunch time journey as an act of altruism. Something selflessly given from me to you all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd say the trick is in the pastry being firm and the meat content being high. To much gravy makes for a sloppy filling and a soggy floppy pasty base.

Yes indeed. We'll still be needed a quality Albion-branded napkin tho, I'd have thought, to minimise the risk of AMEX pie spillage.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Can you ask her to not sell tea or any other drinks that require purchasers to faff about unduly? Don't want to be stuck in a Withdean-style mega-queue, unable to reach AMEX pies!

Here here, your stuck in a large queue at Withdean whilst it's piffing down, guy in front orders food for 2 people. When the food was served he then asked for 6 cups of tea. He copped an earful from the lot of us. I would like to see the return of chips with curry sauce (the sauce being of the quality of our first 2 seasons at Withdean). When the contract was taken over the curry sauce was never the same and simply seemed to die away. As for prices for the pies I would imagine they will be £4 a hit. Well after all there's fuel costs, increased power costs, Vat up by 2.5%. I await every excuse under the sun

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I had the Chicken and Gammon. It was awesome. Vastly superior to your usual football fayre. I'm having a vegetarian one for dinner. She mentioned something about a petition for Balti pies and that once things have settled they intend to try out new fillings.

Charlie Oatway walked past us on the way there and had apparently just popped in to say hello. I bet Kevin McLeod wishes he still played for us.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Nice!

Attachments

• 225449_167094813349723_139433482782523_425800_8018477_n.jpg
    225449_167094813349723_139433482782523_425800_8018477_n.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 564

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I have just been to Shoreham with my lunch buddy Uter and visited The Beach House where Piglet's Pantry sell their fayre. I tested the steak and ale pie which was excellent, herby crust, generous meat filling and reasonably priced.

I have also purchased the rest of the range which is currently sitting in my kitchen. I'll update you as I work my way through them, although I have subcontracted the vegetarian number to my wife.

The owner, Jo, is a lovely lady and I had a long chat with her about the pies, the Albion and the future for her business.

I really hope these are a major success.

:clap: :clap:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm guessing the prices will be at least £1 more per pie than the shop prices. Stadium pricing is usually at rip off levels, I can't see the Amex being any different in that respect. Still, we all have a choice to buy or decline.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm guessing the prices will be at least £1 more per pie than the shop prices. Stadium pricing is usually at rip off levels, I can't see the Amex being any different in that respect. Still, we all have a choice to buy or decline.

Well I'm guessing the vendor will be paying top-dollar for the right to sell at a prime spot at the stadium. Plus there will be extra staff to hire, extra transport costs etc. etc. So maybe 'rip off' is being a tad harsh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The das of rock salt on the top is a nice touch. Every so often you get a hit of sodium.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't see the pies being less than £4 at The Amex. Does anyone know if the leftover food will be thrown in the pigswill bins or given to homeless charities for "soup runs" that night ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well I'm guessing the vendor will be paying top-dollar for the right to sell at a prime spot at the stadium. Plus there will be extra staff to hire, extra transport costs etc. etc. So maybe 'rip off' is being a tad harsh.

The owner did tell me the likely price, and I was NOT told in confidence. But I am reluctant to post it on here because whatever the price it will just start a crappy binfest which will detract from the brilliant work of Piglet's Pantry in not only making an excellent produce but also getting it into the AMEX.

It's a decent price for a decent product and from my experience I do not think they are any more expensive than pies at other L1 grounds I've been to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing to be worried about. We've all been there.

It was my new Levi slim jeans which sent him over the edge. I was looking pretty hot in that grave yard.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
ICharlie Oatway walked past us on the way there and had apparently just popped in to say hello.

Was he there today?
He got off the train at Shoreham yesterday evening. Stayed overnight?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was he there today?
He got off the train at Shoreham yesterday evening. Stayed overnight?

He was walking up East St around lunch time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife and I went on the 700 bus from Brighton to Worthing today and was going to break our journey and call in there but the bus was very busy so didnt want to lose our seat and not get one on the next bus. Will go next week one day and have a wander around Shoreham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here