Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 20 Apr

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any news on the promised additional Park and Ride site?

Much needed to help relieve the always full Mill Road.

We have the same Transport Plans/System now for crowds of 28k (and rising) as we did for 20/22k

Ask either of them if they have ever used any of the Park and Rides?
I would like to add to that.
I've got my AMEX transport sorted, almost to the minute, and couldn't be happier. (It's considerably quicker than the paltry 2 away games I've been too, Millwall & Cardiff).
But I always tell newbies it'll take you a few games to find out what works for you.
Every single person I know that has gone to their first game has come back with a horror story and none have returned.
Mainly centred around delayed or non-existent buses and trains, and horrendous (unexpected) queues.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why do we have to grow/sow a new pitch every season? surely a top dressing would be adequate and a massive saving in cost.

Why was the design of the toilets such that the hand dryers are on the opposite wall to the hand basins with the queues in between both? And will they be re sited ?

Why do they sell spirits in Dicks but not in the concourse?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Every single person I know that has gone to their first game has come back with a horror story and none have returned.
Mainly centred around delayed or non-existent buses and trains, and horrendous (unexpected) queues.

TLO

Perhaps you could put that comment to them.

I have written to the transport manager (twice) with suggestions as to how Transport could be improved.

No reply to either letter.

Not everyone lives in Brighton and not everyone wants to stay behind for an hour after every game, especially evening games.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Genuine question and not intending to catch anyone out here.

When a fan is suspected of doing something at the Amex worthy of a banning, what is the procedure undertaken? Is there a right of reply from the fan prior to the banning order? Is there an internal appeals committee? Is the initial decision made by a single person or by a panel as with a magistrate's court?

Good points. I've intended asking that one whenever we got RH on.

Ask MP when will I be able to take my panoramic photos from the centre circle that he said I could?
Still waiting nearly 2 years on.

Will ask.

Will DS and Youth Squad matches be played at the new Lancing Training ground and will stands be open to spectators ?

And what do we call it - Lancing ? New Monks Farm ? Mash Barn Lane ?

Ditto.

What's the future of Bennetts Field, once the temporary planning permission runs out?

What's happened to the 2,000 away supporters who will all come by coach? Question originates from a B&HCC councillor btw Al.

Could you add context to these?

Any news on the promised additional Park and Ride site?

Much needed to help relieve the always full Mill Road.

We have the same Transport Plans/System now for crowds of 28k (and rising) as we did for 20/22k

Ask either of them if they have ever used any of the Park and Rides?

Was it 'promised'? Certainly will ask.

MP - Why is the ESU designed so that either end there are viewing platforms and windows to rooms, rather than the tier of blue seats being extended all the way to the ends.

Don't you like the idea of wheelchair users watching the Albion?

I would like to add to that.
I've got my AMEX transport sorted, almost to the minute, and couldn't be happier. (It's considerably quicker than the paltry 2 away games I've been too, Millwall & Cardiff).
But I always tell newbies it'll take you a few games to find out what works for you.

TLO

Perhaps you could put that comment to them.
I have written to the transport manager (twice) with suggestions as to how Transport could be improved.
No reply to either letter.
Not everyone lives in Brighton and not everyone wants to stay behind for an hour after every game, especially evening games.

To clarify... is the beef mostly about P&R buses? Or transport generally?

Thanks all. Keep them coming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To clarify... is the beef mostly about P&R buses? Or transport generally?Thanks all. Keep them coming.
As said I don't have any problems, but the newbies I know coming from the better half of Sussex don't get a good enough transport experience to warrant going again.

Separate issues:-

Delayed trains.
Problems getting through Brighton Station, either way.
Missing evening game West Coast connect.
Poor bus queuing (not the P&R ones).
Those buses not turning up.
P&R Mill Road filling fast - That one is mine, I leave a good half an hour earlier now (12:30) for the same journey, to park in roughly the same spot, E on wards.

I always tell them it takes a few games to make it work, but to my knowledge these people haven't bothered since.

Oh everybody has always really enjoyed the stadium, food drink concourse etc.
I think a few of the complaints are unrealistic.
Many could be sorted out with 'local knowledge'.
But some are genuine and WILL stop people from returning to The AMEX.

Last edited:

What's happened to the 2,000 away supporters who will all come by coach? Question originates from a B&HCC councillor btw Al.

Martin Perry stated this at every planning committee meeting I've attended or watched on video-link for the last 5 years, including the one that considered the stadium extension. If there really is a underlying problem with the transport to/from the stadium, particularly the trains and P&R which away fans are clearly using, then what's happened to this plan or was it just a piece of throw-away nonsense designed to get the Committee to approve whatever application from the Albion was in front of them?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good points. I've intended asking that one whenever we got RH on.

Will ask.

Ditto.

Was it 'promised'? Certainly will ask.

Don't you like the idea of wheelchair users watching the Albion?

To clarify... is the beef mostly about P&R buses? Or transport generally?

Thanks all. Keep them coming.

Are you going to ask if they have a sponsor in mind for the traning ground re the name?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sounds like quite a few others are asking along the lines of 'Is the Amex now complete'? I am interested to know if there is any more finishing touches to come? Still a fair bit of grey concrete on show for example, will this get a lick of blue paint? So, a general question about any more developments with the ground would be good.

Can I also compliment you on the show, it really is fantastic at the moment and the 2 recent shows with Calde and Peter James in particular were crackin. Keep up the good work.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sounds like quite a few others are asking along the lines of 'Is the Amex now complete'? I am interested to know if there is any more finishing touches to come? Still a fair bit of grey concrete on show for example, will this get a lick of blue paint? So, a general question about any more developments with the ground would be good.

Again, a question I had in mind to ask. A lick of paint wouldn't go amiss.

Can I also compliment you on the show, it really is fantastic at the moment and the 2 recent shows with Calde and Peter James in particular were crackin. Keep up the good work.

:kiss:

Kieran was good too, even if he did sound like Simon Bates.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Again, a question I had in mind to ask. A lick of paint wouldn't go amiss.

:kiss:

Kieran was good too, even if he did sound like Simon Bates.

Oi, I thought I was more like TOMMY VANCE.

Another question, given that we have a 21st Century Stadium, how about 21st Century communication?

Smartphone receptions is appalling, which is a common issue where large numbers of people are congregated together. However I went to the Friends Arena in Stockholm last month to watch Sweden v Republic of Ireland and there was wi-fi in the stadium which worked perfectly, even with 50,000+ at the match. This could be given free (perhaps to STH?) or there could be a nominal charge of £1 to access the wi-fi, and I am sure there would be a good few thousand each match who would pay up, so would be popular with Paul Barber's attempts to reduce the deficit too.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If we go up, has there been a decision already made on the price increase for season tickets?

porterr

Jan 7, 2007
My son who is at Hull Uni has been sent today a tweet in regards to Hull's match on Friday. It is amazing that in such a crucial match that they cannot sell out. However the question is how are the club going to ensure that we get continued sell out crowds, and use schools, football clubs, colleges, uni's to embrace the Amex magic when there is spare capacity.

HullUniversityUnion ‏@Hullstudent 2h
We have 500 tickets for Hull City vs Bristol City on Friday for FREE! One ticket per student with student card from the union box office.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My son who is at Hull Uni has been sent today a tweet in regards to Hull's match on Friday. It is amazing that in such a crucial match that they cannot sell out. However the question is how are the club going to ensure that we get continued sell out crowds, and use schools, football clubs, colleges, uni's to embrace the Amex magic when there is spare capacity.

HullUniversityUnion ‏@Hullstudent 2h
We have 500 tickets for Hull City vs Bristol City on Friday for FREE! One ticket per student with student card from the union box office.

Again, covered by a Paul Barber statement a few weeks ago.

But can ask to re-iterate.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Oi, I thought I was more like TOMMY VANCE.

Another question, given that we have a 21st Century Stadium, how about 21st Century communication?

Smartphone receptions is appalling, which is a common issue where large numbers of people are congregated together. However I went to the Friends Arena in Stockholm last month to watch Sweden v Republic of Ireland and there was wi-fi in the stadium which worked perfectly, even with 50,000+ at the match. This could be given free (perhaps to STH?) or there could be a nominal charge of £1 to access the wi-fi, and I am sure there would be a good few thousand each match who would pay up, so would be popular with Paul Barber's attempts to reduce the deficit too.

I don't know how much it costs but The Cloud is widely used in pubs. On this link, http://www.thecloud.net/wifi/ they setup outdoor stadiums...

bosnian

Jul 31, 2003
Are there any plans to extend the rail travel further East as currently its only one stop from Falmer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here