Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion player you were most gutted to see leave/sold...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ssshhh, but...Murray :cry:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also, Sergei Gotsmanov brought a brief glimmer of hope in bad timed, only to be pinched by Saints. Same happened with Steve Sidwell & Reading, though they weren't ever really our players to start with.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gotsmanov

I remember having a very animated conversation with steve wooke or what ever his name was when he went to Southampton.

He was a glorious player in a completely crap period of our history.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two stand out for me - Dean Saunders and Danny Cullip.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Also reckon Mark Beeney is worth an honorary mention. He'd been brilliant for us for four seasons.

Remember feeling very sad we had to sell to Leeds because the club was in such dire financial trouble.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I really don't remember ever feeling gutted, or particularly upset about losing any player. It just has always seemed part and parcel of the game and supporting a team that isn't dominating the domestic top league as well as european competitions.

The, some might say, surprising wave of disappointment over Barnes being sold got me thinking about other Brighton "favourites" and their sad departures. What are yours?

For me it would have to be:

Garry Nelson - shoved out to the wing then to Charlton by Lloyd
Bobby Zamora - Inevitable but still gutting
Danny Cullip - Not the best player but a huge part of the club and a shock when he went.

Barry Rees.

He didn't "leave" though
(or if you count it as leaving it's a hell of a high transfer fee he paid)

Seems a pretty sad departure to me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'll go with Murray, I think Zamora was inevitable and he went with our best wishes. Further back, I think Lawrenson was a sad moment, but the £900k was most welcome.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Gary Stevens - to Tottenham!

Man he was good!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Two stand out for me - Dean Saunders and Danny Cullip.

I was gutted about Cullip going and at about the same time really disappointed that we sold Darren Currie. I really enjoyed watching Currie play and he created so many chances in his short spell. He had also improved dramatically from when we took a chance on him in the summer and looked like he was going to get better with every game he played. It also hurt that he went to my best friend's team Ipswich. I know the money massively helped and Ipswich were fighting for promotion but I wasn't happy.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Ryan Harley & Hans Kraay.

One of those is untrue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here