Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion 2013-14 financial results thread

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
£625k a year for a role as director (I assume it's Barber) of a loss-making company with £24 million turnover is extremely well-paid - you would look to cut that cost in a non-football business as it's totally disproportionate to the impact that one employee can have on the balance sheet.

But football doesn't operate according to normal financial rules - the head of the player's union receives nearly a million a year - so Barber probably seems good value to Bloom.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It includes a bonus from Southern Rail for getting the trains running on time.

There are three CEO's in the PL who are on over £2 million, and most are on at least £1m.

Lol

Last I looked we are not in the PL and when the Albion can pay a CEO more a year than they are willing to pay a striker who could fire us into the Prem then I start to get a bit miffed.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How anybody can defend Barber's wages is beyond me. That is an outrageous amount of money for someone who spends his whole day answering emails.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Without PB or someone like him - maybe earning a lot more as EP says - we wouldn't have the club we have to have a striker to score any goals in the Championship.

If you were TB and had put your hand in your pocket to the same extent he has you'd want a PB to run the business for you, wouldn't you?

My reply was a tad tongue in cheek.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
£625k a year for a role as director (I assume it's Barber) of a loss-making company with £24 million turnover is extremely well-paid - you would look to cut that cost in a non-football business as it's totally disproportionate to the impact that one employee can have on the balance sheet.

But football doesn't operate according to normal financial rules - the head of the player's union receives nearly a million a year - so Barber probably seems good value to Bloom.

£625K PA (and it will be Barber) is an obscene amount of money)

£52,083 a MONTH!!!

I'm sorry but all this 'we've got to have the best' is utter nonsense. There are no end of CEO's out there (on considerably less money) that are adept at cost saving initiatives and business growth.

What has Barber actually done??

Renegotiated a catering contract
Partnered up with a new kit supplier
Sourced some additional sponsorship
Sent a few emails to Bozza

Any businessmen or women worth there salt could achieve this, and they'd probably only want 100K PA for the privilege.

Barbers having Blooms pants down

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony choses to employ Paul Barber to reduce his loss on the albion.

I can't see how anyone can argue with that, really, given Tony's cash input into the club.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Tony choses to employ Paul Barber to reduce his loss on the albion.

I can't see how anyone can argue with that, really, given Tony's cash input into the club.

Yet people are allowed to complain about the wages players are paid?

If barber got £650k last year that is the same as 12.5k a week! he is living the bloody dream!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
On the £1.5 million paid to transport companies

Am I imagining it, or were season tickets not increased by £50 in the 2nd season at the AMEX (as so few paid for the travel vouchers in yr 1) as a direct travel supplement? Based on this, a large chunk of the £1.5m should be covered.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Lol

Last I looked we are not in the PL and when the Albion can pay a CEO more a year than they are willing to pay a striker who could fire us into the Prem then I start to get a bit miffed.

What do consider is the going rate for a CEO who has reduced the club's losses to TB's satisfaction?

Do you have any suggestions as to who could do better and how much their salary would be?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

If barber got £650k last year that is the same as 12.5k a week! he is living the bloody dream!

I'm not sure but his basic is far less than that - most of it is performance related. Someone may be able to confirm this.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
£625K PA (and it will be Barber) is an obscene amount of money)

£52,083 a MONTH!!!

I'm sorry but all this 'we've got to have the best' is utter nonsense. There are no end of CEO's out there (on considerably less money) that are adept at cost saving initiatives and business growth.

Any businessmen or women worth there salt could achieve this, and they'd probably only want 100K PA for the privilege.

Barbers having Blooms pants down

Good spoof!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

To KNOW that's ALL he's done, you must have worked alongside him every day since he joined the club.

Otherwise, you have no idea what he does. You have no idea what TB tasks him with. I have no idea of everything he does either but I do know two things:

1. Prior to his arrival there was gross overspending in many areas of the club's operation. One of PB's tasks was to redress that and it appears that he is doing so.

2. TB chose to employ PB at a salary level that he felt appropriate for his remit. If he's not happy that he's worth it, he can always dispense with his services ...as he did with PB's predecessor.

None of us on NSC are qualified to judge PB ...only TB and the Board can do that, and they will do so on the basis of facts, not prejudiced guesswork like most on here.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Would you rather pay Paul Barber £12.5K a week or pay Kemy Agustein £10k a week ? Only one of them makes an effort.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I presume that the next few years is just about keeping the costs as low as possible, until the training ground and the nurturing of young players starts to bring in serious money in transfer fees.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Over 200 million invested in a team that hasnt been in the top flight since 1983 is a staggering amount and still people want more. Madness

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
As Paul Barber was CEO of the year for the Championship he may be regarded as 'Premiership Ready'. If he did not like working with TB and for the Albion I am sure he could find himself a post in the Premiership, perhaps at double the money he is on now.

Quite simply PB does his job and does it well for which is his paid well. If others closer to the football action had done that results would have been far different.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I presume that the next few years is just about keeping the costs as low as possible, until the training ground and the nurturing of young players starts to bring in serious money in transfer fees.

Makes sense to me. And if we do manage to get promoted before then - happy days.

Mind you when you say keeping costs low as possible - football budget wise we are top half of the table aren't we ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here