Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion 2013-14 financial results thread

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I doubt we could get anywhere near break even, Premier League or not,... but do you feel the right things are taking place, the trajectory right?

Yes, we do have problems such as the transport levy paid to the rail and bus companies (£1.5 million) that other clubs don't suffer from, but by cutting non-playing costs it allows the first team manager more leeway in terms of players signed, so that is a good thing.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This is my reaction whenever football salaries are revealed. I suppose the last CEO who was paid a sensible amount was Ken Brown.

And we posted an incredibly large loss under his last financial year in charge. Unfortunately to get someone to do the job properly - you need to pay and thats what were doing with PB. You simply cant get any old person in to sort things.

Although the sale of Ulloa isn't on these accounts and due next year.
So effectively we just need to sell 1 x Leo Ulloa annually to break even. Simple.

Providing all the clauses are met - were close. Heres hoping Leicester stay up and Leo gets a hat trick each game !!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Amount spent on The Amex and Lancing £26 million, with a commitment to spend another £3m at least in 2014-5.

Effectively funded straight out of Tony's pocket (increase in Director's Loan Account, note 16). We are not breaking even on our cash flow if we exclude capital expenditure and also TB's funding of it - not particularly surprising if you make operating losses of £10m, but, given also the revenue from high attendances and net cash inflow from buying/selling players, we are going to have to rely on TB's funding or other sources for a good while yet (again, excuse me for stating the obvious) - we are going to have cash flow problems without it just to service "normal" current liabilities, even after excluding payments received on account (from liabilities) and prepayments (from assets) which will not result in cash flows.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Quote from the BHAFC Facebook Page

'Increase turnover and cut back on expenditure. Basically we are paying more but getting less. Bloom and Barber need to remember it's not running a business, if it was there going the right way. This is a football club and fans could not give a damn if we make profit but they do give a damn if we don't win. Bloom has to understand that football clubs get where they are by extremely rich man putting a serious amount of there own money in to the club. If Bloom wants to run it like a business them hopefully a oligarch will come in and kick him out.

I hope people see my point, I don't care how much footballers are paid but I want to be in the premier league and beating the Man U and Chelsea.'

:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just think how much of the loss was Agustien's and Toko's wages ? Two people who have contributed nothing but a drain on the clubs finances
These losses are for the year before Toko joined.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And we posted an incredibly large loss under his last financial year in charge. Unfortunately to get someone to do the job properly - you need to pay and thats what were doing with PB. You simply cant get any old person in to sort things.

Providing all the clauses are met - were close. Heres hoping Leicester stay up and Leo gets a hat trick each game !!

Ken Brown wasn't ceo. Martin Perry was.

Did I misread or did the accounts say ticket and catering income had fallen. Is catering a mix of income from sales and rights or just sales less sodexho cut?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Although the sale of Ulloa isn't on these accounts and due next year.
So effectively we just need to sell 1 x Leo Ulloa annually to break even. Simple.

True, but we have to find one each year too! Can't see anyone shelling that out for anyone on our books at present.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ken Brown wasn't ceo. Martin Perry was.

Did I misread or did the accounts say ticket and catering income had fallen. Is catering a mix of income from sales and rights or just sales less sodexho cut?

Paul Barber replaced Ken Brown as Chief Executive. And yes, Catering income had fallen.

Quote from the BHAFC Facebook Page

'Increase turnover and cut back on expenditure. Basically we are paying more but getting less. Bloom and Barber need to remember it's not running a business, if it was there going the right way. This is a football club and fans could not give a damn if we make profit but they do give a damn if we don't win. Bloom has to understand that football clubs get where they are by extremely rich man putting a serious amount of there own money in to the club. If Bloom wants to run it like a business them hopefully a oligarch will come in and kick him out.

I hope people see my point, I don't care how much footballers are paid but I want to be in the premier league and beating the Man U and Chelsea.'

:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

Around 75% of those who comment on the Facebook page are deluded anyway, this serves proof.

I will agree when he gets over 30 goals a season for us.

Without PB or someone like him - maybe earning a lot more as EP says - we wouldn't have the club we have to have a striker to score any goals in the Championship.

If you were TB and had put your hand in your pocket to the same extent he has you'd want a PB to run the business for you, wouldn't you?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Looking at it, there's no cost for loan players in '14 but £318000 or so for '13 - which players used up those costs? Does that include their wages? (as I assume we paid some or all of wages for players like Ward).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes, we do have problems such as the transport levy paid to the rail and bus companies (£1.5 million) that other clubs don't suffer from, but by cutting non-playing costs it allows the first team manager more leeway in terms of players signed, so that is a good thing.
No getting away from the levy,... part of the operating model, the fans wont be happy if they lose this 'perk'.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here