[Albion] The Albion 2013-14 financial results thread

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Football budget up (£1m) to £20.7m
Total investment by TB...............................£205 million
Not enough. Not nearly.

I demand -- demand -- that Bloom reduce himself to penury to provide me with the Premier League football to which I am entitled by right as an Albion fan.
We can get started with some overpriced and ill-considered transfer-window panic purchases, thank you very much.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Potential extra transfer money that could come in from the sale of Bridcutt and Barnes.............................£4.3 million.

Sunderland UP
Burnley UP
Palace DOWN

It makes sense for the Albion if these come true.

We mugged off Gus good and proper for Bridcutt, seem to remember him saying at the time he couldn't believe how cheap we had sold him for. :lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Give us an opinion from the economics sector EP,...... it appears encouraging to me as a layman.

My gut feel is that Tony Bloom wanted someone to cut costs at the club, and this has been achieved, without affecting the football budget.

I'll be honest, I have had conversations with Paul Barber and David Jones (the FD) and both are very professional, and have answered all questions at length. Some people won't like that, but ultimately it's TB's view that counts given his investment in the club.

Overall full time employee numbers are up from marginally from 239 to 243, matchday part time staff numbers down from 572 to 524.

We are still a long long way from breaking even though.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Does the 10.5million loss include all the transfer money we made? Plus, I thought the FFP loss was meant to be under 8million? Has it changed? If it has, would we have failed it or have we done some creative accounting whereby more is lost this year to help us out for next?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does the 10.5million loss include all the transfer money we made? Plus, I thought the FFP loss was meant to be under 8million? Has it changed? If it has, would we have failed it or have we done some creative accounting whereby more is lost this year to help us out for next?

Some costs are excluded for FFP purposes, so once these have been deducted it will be below the £8m threshold.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I doubt we could get anywhere near break even, Premier League or not,... but do you feel the right things are taking place, the trajectory right?

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
My gut feel is that Tony Bloom wanted someone to cut costs at the club, and this has been achieved, without affecting the football budget.

I'll be honest, I have had conversations with Paul Barber and David Jones (the FD) and both are very professional, and have answered all questions at length. Some people won't like that, but ultimately it's TB's view that counts given his investment in the club.

Overall full time employee numbers are up from marginally from 239 to 243, matchday part time staff numbers down from 572 to 524.

Although the sale of Ulloa isn't on these accounts and due next year.
So effectively we just need to sell 1 x Leo Ulloa annually to break even. Simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here