Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
£1.5million for Adam Clayton? - I would walk away, walk away .... walk away, walk away....

Totally mystified by this.

£1.5m for one of the best attacking (relatively young) midfielders in the Championship who also happens to score a decent amount of goals? What exactly were you expecting for £1.5m - Ramsey, Henderson, Fernandinho maybe?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

£1.5m for one of the best attacking (relatively young) midfielders in the Championship who also happens to score a decent amount of goals? What exactly were you expecting for £1.5m - Ramsey, Henderson, Fernandinho maybe?

Whhooooooooshhhhhhhhhh...............................

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I got it. You too?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
They haven't confirmed anything at all - just recycling the same rumours as everyone else:

"Albion have been linked with renewed moves for former transfer targets Adam Clayton and Joe Mason.

The Seagulls and Championship rivals Middlesbrough are reportedly in talks with Huddersfield over midfielder Clayton."

Absolutely agree with this. The term 'linked with' is really just another way of reporting 'someone, somewhere said this'. Perhaps the Argus would also wish to report 'Albion's link with renewed moves for Chris Burke'. On the basis my mate has twice mentioned he would be a great fit in the Albion team - despite him now signing for Forest (sigh).

Always tried to be balanced and fair in my appraisal of the Argus but can't help feeling its coverage over the previous three months has been utterly dismal.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Absolutely agree with this. The term 'linked with' is really just another way of reporting 'someone, somewhere said this'. Perhaps the Argus would also wish to report 'Albion's link with renewed moves for Chris Burke'. On the basis my mate has twice mentioned he would be a great fit in the Albion team - despite him now signing for Forest (sigh).

Always tried to be balanced and fair in my appraisal of the Argus but can't help feeling its coverage over the previous three months has been utterly dismal.

Naylor made a point in a previous tweet that the Argus do not report players linked on hearsay or rumour, so I'm assuming we are genuinely talking to Huddersfield regarding his transfer

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It says a lot when years ago the Argus was my first point of call for any decent rumours/signings and now, they seem to know nothing and NSC and Twitter is a better source of info once you sift through the drivel

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
It says a lot when years ago the Argus was my first point of call for any decent rumours/signings and now, they seem to know nothing and NSC and Twitter is a better source of info once you sift through the drivel

I think that's the Argus'/Naylors point. He can't report rumours or things he sees in social media. I'm sure he hears lots of things he just can't report.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Naylor made a point in a previous tweet that the Argus do not report players linked on hearsay or rumour, so I'm assuming we are genuinely talking to Huddersfield regarding his transfer
If we are talking to Huddersfield, why doesn't the Argus say we're in talks? Saying 'linked with' is very weak, and doesn't suggest much at all.

NSC and Twitter is a better source of info once you sift through the drivel
Got any drivel sifting tips?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Would be very happy if we signed "the bearded" Adam Clayton. He would certainly strengthen our midfield.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London

99.9% of NSC is total drivel, wind ups that aren't funny or people in the know who report Ward is signing tomorrow etc. With so much worthless speculation occasionally you're going to get it right..

At least with the Argus anything appearing there has more chance of having some foundation in fact.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
99.9% of NSC is total drivel, wind ups that aren't funny or people in the know who report Ward is signing tomorrow etc. With so much worthless speculation occasionally you're going to get it right..

At least with the Argus anything appearing there has more chance of having some foundation in fact.
Is this part of the 0.1%?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here