Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Obviously, but it's more interesting how perceptions have changed. Gone are the days where signing someone from a team in our division is by their fans as, at best, a sideways move.

It's not their fans though is it, it's one fan. And it's patently wrong anyway as we are hardly dwarfing 'boro.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
How are Boro even making any money?

Half empty stadium each week and not the most attractive proposition for commercial sponsorship interest.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Steve Gibson is virtually philanthropic when it comes to 'boro. They are as lucky to have him as we are to have Tony Bloom.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Steve Gibson is virtually philanthropic when it comes to 'boro. They are as lucky to have him as we are to have Tony Bloom.

I appreciate that but with FFP chairman can't just throw money at the first team surely?

A reason why Forrest owners have paid silly money for ground naming rights

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Well, they don't need to make money do they. They need not to lose too much. Or they will fall foul of FFP.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hope he gets rid of that awful beard if he comes here. Looks like he's been off fighting in Syria.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I think we really need Baldock OR Mason, along with an unnamed main 20+ goal a season striker.

Agree with this. Would prefer Baldock. Have heard from a decent source that we have a couple of options on the 20+ striker - both in the Ulloa mould in terms of being "unknown" from European leagues.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Agree with this. Would prefer Baldock. Have heard from a decent source that we have a couple of options on the 20+ striker - both in the Ulloa mould in terms of being "unknown" from European leagues.

That is exactly what I hope for.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Not sure such a thing exists. Very few players score 20 goals every season. But i'd take 3 or 4 scoring 10-20 each.

Last season there were 8 players that scored 20 or more goals. Of those, only Ross McCormack (08-09) and Jordan Rhodes (11-12,12-13) have broken the 20 goal barrier previously.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last season there were 8 players that scored 20 or more goals. Of those, only Ross McCormack (08-09) and Jordan Rhodes (11-12,12-13) have broken the 20 goal barrier previously.
Jordan Rhodes for £8m wasn't so silly after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here