Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The abuse of Murray when he was injured was disgusting

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Please point out where on here I have been an attention seeking drama queen ?

Pffaarrgghh! (Tea all over tablet and table) The last ten years? The last time (of many) you threatened to flounce off and never come back? The last time you got on your high horse to argue a case against 99% of other posters? The last time you took a holier than thou attitude?

There are probably a thousand individual instances of 'Uncle Spielberg in look-at-me-in-fake-outrage-shocker', I certainly can't be arsed to look for them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't understand why this is such a big issue.

He injured himself trying to con the ref into awarding a penalty. It backfired. He won't be playing Monday. Good.

He didn't though. He was trying to turn and his studs got caught in the turf. Pretty obvious from my view that it was serious immediately as you could see his knee buckle.

Not surprised about the abuse but as has been said, most people applauded him off the pitch when they realised what was wrong.

Seeing as Gerry Ryan was abused by Palace fans when he went off with his leg literally snapped in half, it's sadly par for the course even going back a long way. Some people just don't know where to draw the line.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting that while Murray was down being attended to by the medical people, NO Palace players came over to see how he was. A few Brighton did, but no Palace.

Not quite true - 4 Palace 'concerned', and 1 or 2 Albion.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368346820.917990.jpg

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
Just thought I should post the replay of the injury.

Too many threads discussing the exact same thing. What gives?

[youtube]MtsadG6JF9s[/youtube]

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
He got an injury; he's not dead or paralysed. Happens on sports fields up and down the country every week at every level.

Way more sensitivity here than I've ever experienced during my rugby playing days. The last bad injury I had was breaking both bones in my forearm leaving it looking like I had 2 elbows. I don't know if it's just a rugby thing, but my team mates were more about taking the p155 out of the screams I made when I did it than showing any sympathy. The only concern I got was whether or not I'd be able to **** left handed!

Can you toss left handed ?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Those of you who abused him should be ashamed of yourselves. Cretins! The guy was clearly in pain and all you can do is shout insults at him.

He's a footballer doing his job. He's injured, You abuse him. Idiots.

Made me embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

I am embarrassed you are an Albion fan

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I don't understand why this is such a big issue.

He injured himself trying to con the ref into awarding a penalty. It backfired. He won't be playing Monday. Good.

I think you are correct and even tried to tell his manager he was fouled from behind. Really gone down in my estimation with that statement Murray.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
I would never wish an injury on any player but ill admit that i did get caught up in the moment and gave him abuse. It was the biggest derby game we have ever had, I'm sure many other fans were the same.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think you are correct and even tried to tell his manager he was fouled from behind. Really gone down in my estimation with that statement Murray.

Even Holloway had to tell him no one was near him, as Glenn was protesting it was a foul.

To be fair though your cruciate going can feel like you have been kicked.

Still find it weird no Palace players went to see how he was and it was all ours

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Are you serious? He wasn't trying to win a penalty! He was mistaken - his leg crumbled underneath him and he assumed he was fouled, that's pretty natural isn't it? Have you seen the footage? He gets his leg caught in the turf and it crumbles underneath him. Any criticism of him for that is baffling...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I still don't see the problem really. No one is carrying it on, Glenn isn't going to die. Don't deny Palace wouldn't react the same, or worse if the same happened.

I remember a lot of people chanting let him die at Scott McLeish as he went off on a stretcher at the Withdean

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
How do you have your leg get caught, buckle, crumple to the ground and think it was a foul through contact? Couldn't he tell that no one was near him and no one touched him?

I did something similar playing hockey (ice) where my skate caught a groove, twisted my knee, tore the meniscus and shredded the ACL. I knew that no one had clattered into me causing the injury. It baffles me to think that he could have even thought it was a foul resulting from contact.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How do you have your leg get caught, buckle, crumple to the ground and think it was a foul through contact? Couldn't he tell that no one was near him and no one touched him?

I did something similar playing hockey (ice) where my skate caught a groove, twisted my knee, tore the meniscus and shredded the ACL. I knew that no one had clattered into me causing the injury. It baffles me to think that he could have even thought it was a foul resulting from contact.

Confusion whilst in serious pain isn't understandable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here