Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 5th Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, The Oval 21-25.08.13

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Warner playing a nothing shot at a wide one. Broad and Jimmy both appear to be getting a bit of movement through the air already.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
In all the excitement about England's line up I missed Australia are giving Faulkner a go. I like the look of him, destructive batsman and a hit the deck hard type bowler.

Newton Faulkner? They must be desperate.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Big SHOUT... Broad to Watson... not given... no review... umpires call on clipping the wicket. Good decision.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another very close one. 2 good non-review decisions thus far from Cap'n Cook

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The Aussies really are poor losers. Lehmann's comments about Broad are cheap and a bit rich. OK I guess he's trying to deflect some of the headlines away from his teams performances, but he seems to have seriously overlooked their own record for not walking

Historically the Aussies made 'not walking' into an art form, as an Aussie batsman if you 'walked' you were considered mentally weak. They just can't stand it when someone plays them at their own game.

Look at how the Aussies lost their bottle over bodyline back in the 1930's. Jardine, Voce and Larwood took the game to them in an aggressive way and they didn't like it. OK it was a tough tactic at a time when cricket was still considered a gentlemans game. If we had grizzled about it like they did back then they would have been all over us as 'whinging Poms'. They certainly didn't hold back during the Lillee/Thomson/Pascoe era and our batsmen had the bruises the show for it.

I hope Lehmann's comments have the effect of firing Broad up and comes back to haunt him.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Here come Woakes - good luck to him, hope it goes well and better than I expect it will!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
First hour... 37-1 (14 overs)

England will be pretty happy... but all to play for in the next hour...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Watson is attacking Woakes at every opportunity (pulling and driving)... 6 FOURs so far... 64-1 (21 overs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here