Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Johnson

Votes: 42 30.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
13 folk on here thought that Johnson did well. What gives?

I refer you to The Fridat Night Drinking Thread. Some people are doing the beer equivalent of Crystal Meth.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The lib dem view of simply revoking a 51 without a public vote is their biggest f up. Even remainers I know think this is wrong. Chancer party with no credibility at all. Got far more respect for corbyn and people's vote v deal

Revoking a 51? Is that not having a 69 with an 18 year old?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm shocked with myself that I'm starting to feel, vote Boris "get it done" (hah) then get the Tories out as soon as possible afterwards while hoping that somehow during the process they are forced into stopping austerity.

Conversely I feel vote tactically "get it done" (by slightly less bunglecuntered means) then get whomever forms the next government out as soon as possible afterwards while hoping that somehow during the process they are forced into stopping austerity.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Because the Tories and their backers sensed an opportunity after the global financial crisis?

To do what, reduce the National debt or reduce unemployment to record levels.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reduce the national debt at a time when borrowing for regeneration projects is at an all time low.

Only to then spaff said savings up against a nonexistent wall with promises of huge spending on projects at the point you're closing the doors to 10% of the workforce require to build them.

Reducing unemployment by forcing people into zero hours contract jobs, instead of the proper skilled labour that will be needed for promised big civil engineering projects.
None of which that will come to fruition because of the Brexit burden, yet could now be at completion if work started 9 years ago.

All the while openly mocking those, queuing at foodbanks, completely left behind. (Gove)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

ukgs_chartDp11t.png

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t want a right wing government. Unlike you, I’m not stuck in a rigid thinking mindset of Boris = facist, Corbyn = messiah. I cherry pick policies after carefully weighing stuff up, I’ll vote Lucas yet again. I believe in social justice for those who truly deserve it, I voted Remain, I like immigrants, but I also believe we should aid all entrepreneurs in a competitive world.

Always detest it when a BBC audience gets heavily infiltrated by Momentum or EDL/UKIP. Makes for a one-sided shit show. For immature middle aged viewers of an inflexible mind, it’s heaven, if the whooping and booing concurs with their polarised take on the world.

Thankfully, there are an awful lot of intelligent folk to counter that, who see through the decibels, to analyse manifestos and keep an open mind.

Not enough though, unfortunately. There are a frustratingly large amount of people completely blinkered by one tired rhetoric or another. Including a lot of people who are otherwise very intelligent people, too.

As a microcosm of society at large, it's very evident on here, too

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
so when was the austerity?
Eh?

Austerity and national debt aren't the same thing. The Tories thought they could reduce national debt by decreasing the amount the country spends. It didn't work, unsurprisingly, as countries tend to make more money when they invest more (within reason)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Eh?

Austerity and national debt aren't the same thing. The Tories thought they could reduce national debt by decreasing the amount the country spends. It didn't work, unsurprisingly, as countries tend to make more money when they invest more (within reason)

they didnt, as evidenced by the graph, reduce the amount spent.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
they didnt, as evidenced by the graph, reduce the amount spent.
The graph above is the total national debt, which had gone up.

This was despite Total Government Borrowing going down:

719e87a385cd32a4e6daf64cec447b99.jpg

And Total Government Spending going down:

5eeace1419a63463d8f3016e82df5bca.jpg

Which is where the austerity is. But the total debt just kept on getting larger, showing that cutting down on spending didn't have the desired effect.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And Total Government Spending going down:

what you show is spending as % of GDP going down, after crisis reaction, to the level from 2007. remamber the austere times then? spending increases every year in the period, maybe not in real terms but rises none the less. belt tightening would be more appropriate description. anyway point is, its nuts to keep on about austerity and highlight the debt increase, the fiscal evidence doesnt support both sides. borrowing needs to be zero before the debt starts coming down.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Be honest, why do you think we had all those years of austerity?

I thought austerity was necessary because, according to Labour, we’d run out of money? Of course that may be wrong - it would surely be unusual for Labour to spend shed loads of money simply to leave it to the next Tory administration to sort it out?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fiona Bruce was virtually silent throughout Corbyn's section yet interrupted Swinson 4 times in her first 4 minutes and was particularly vocal in Johnsson's section.

When Bruce and her producers review the tape they'll see Corbyn got an easy armchair ride.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If you want your country to become bankrupt again vote Labour as they left the pot empty after there last term in power.
If you want mass immigration vote Labour.
If you want to pay more tax as a limited company vote Labour.
If you want a racist terrorist sympathiser in power vote Labour

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here