Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2023-24 Pre-Season Friendly Thread (First team, U-21s and U-18s)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
James Beadle called up for the England U21s - no place now for Rushworth.
https://www.englandfootball.com/art...mu21s-squad-named-to-play-luxembourg-20230901

Strangely though, Paul Hazelwood on the Albion website reports that it's Rushworth has been called up - and suddenly transferred to Oxford United as well!
Paul Hazlewood is the club photographer; the article is written by Bruce Talbot.
(I'm loving the fact that in your post about Albion mis-identifying their player, you mis-identify the author!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Paul Hazlewood is the club photographer; the article is written by Bruce Talbot.
(I'm loving the fact that in your post about Albion mis-identifying their player, you mis-identify the author!)
Yeh. OK, the name that was at the head of the text - didn't notice the little camera beside it.
Still, at least I've corrected my error now!

P.S. Any of your information sauces got a clue about Furlong's next move? - all the talk about Zeqiri and Alzate moving on, and Samuels and Hinshelwood likely to stay - but never a mention of Furlong (who was apparanty offered on loan way back).

P.P.S. Maybe Hull then ...................

(Why is it that a link to a specific post (which does actually link to the right post) shows here as a link to thread starter - very confusing!)

Last edited:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have seen a suggestion today that Albion are also interested in Luton Town centre-back Jacob Vickers. He would be a first-year scholar for 2023-24.

And Jacob has, indeed, signed on as a 1st-year scholar with Albion:-

Vickers made his debut for the U-18 side today (Saturday), coming on as a substitute in the 4-0 home win over Stoke City in the group stages of the U-18 Premier League Cup.

That brings Albion's scholar intake this campaign to 12; nine players stepping up from the U-16s with new additions from Liverpool (Joe Belmont), Man Utd (Nehemiah Oriola) and Luton (Jacob Vickers).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Do we have a list of the first year scholars confirmed yet @AZ Gull ? Something like Mansell, Rutter, Ferns (has this been confirmed yet?), Mthunzi, Hayden, Mackley, Simmonds, Gorman, Belmont, Nti, O'Boyle, Gulzar, Morling, West, Howell? Or are some of these a bit younger/ not been taken on as scholars?

Elidon O'Boyle (who also seems to go by the name Don Mulgeci on social media - I think his mum is Irish and his dad is Albanian) is the same age group but I believe he only spent his U-15 schoolboy season at Albion, moving from Chelsea, before heading to Millwall last season where he is now a scholar.
Elidon O'Boyle helped Millwall U-18s to a 3-0 win at Coventry tonight and they are now through to the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup, where they host either Chelsea (his former club) or Palace.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Elidon O'Boyle helped Millwall U-18s to a 3-0 win at Coventry tonight and they are now through to the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup, where they host either Chelsea (his former club) or Palace.
Former Albion U-15 Elidon O'Boyle helped Millwall beat Chelsea on penalties tonight and thus progress to the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup - wonderful achievement.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Former Albion U-15 Elidon O'Boyle helped Millwall beat Chelsea on penalties tonight and thus progress to the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup - wonderful achievement.
Todd the Toad is reaching for his cheque book, as we speak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here