Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2022-2023 Loanee Tracker Thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My assessment has always been - and matched by a Blackburn supporting friend. Typical quick winger, can lack composure / end product. Can either have a great game or be anonymous.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm surprised the club didn't get him a move where the intention was to play him at DM. I just can't see where else he'd fit in at this level. He's main asset seems to be 'decent enough on the ball'. That's essentially the baseline for any modern defender. So there's a lot of work to do.
He is one of the many players who is victim of our meteoric success really. Probably a decent player in there somewhere but he's way off contributing here.
I'm sure that's true but I don't think that should be seen as a failure in any way - Most academy prospects won't end up in professional football, some will and occasionally there will be a multi million gem - I think the Roberts will fall in to the middle category and if we say, for arguments sake, he ends up being sold somewhere for £250k, that should be seen as a success for an academy, it's the bread and butter for them, what keeps them ticking over....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Decent goal for Jensen Weir - a move he started and finished

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
FA Cup 3rd. round day for our EFL loanees - or maybe not! Duffy (yes, he's still ours, I think) not in the Fulham squad, no Khadra for the Blades (is he back with us now?), and Richards* unused (so far) on the bench. Big FA Cup news though - Connolly on at the hour for Hull (along with Estupinan! Estupinans must be catching!). Hasn't scored yet ........................

On the league front, Tolaj won the Brighton derby against Leonard, although Leonard played the full 90, and Tolaj only came on for the last 15 minutes. Rushworth has let in a couple today at Charlton, but goal-machine Weir scored Morecambe's first goal againt Cheltenham.

Not one of our own any more - but Rohan Ince rattling in the goals today for Woking.

* eventually came on for the last 20 minutes.

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
He's also signed a contract extension with us taking him to June next year.
Presumably so we can get a fee when we sell him in the summer?
I kny the press release says we are happy with his progress but hard to see him getting back into the first team squad unless he does fantastically well at Birmingham

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Presumably so we can get a fee when we sell him in the summer?
I kny the press release says we are happy with his progress but hard to see him getting back into the first team squad unless he does fantastically well at Birmingham
You're probably right but time will tell. He's only 21 and looked to have bags of potential during his time at Blackburn.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
You're probably right but time will tell. He's only 21 and looked to have bags of potential during his time at Blackburn.
It would be great if he could make the step up, along with Adingra at USG as well.
Who knows, maybe Tross won't be missed, (if and) when he goes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Update for mid-January. Exciting times! Updates for changes (Connolly and Khadra, looking for improvement) and new loans (Miller and Turns) in red.

Aaron Connolly - on loan at Venezia (Serie B); now at Hull City (Championship);
Shane Duffy - on loan to Fulham (PL).
Teddy Jenks - on loan at Crawley (League 2);
Reda Khadra - on loan at Sheffield United; now at Birmingham City (Championship);
Marc Leonard - on loan at Northampton Town (League 2);
Todd Miller - on loan at Doncaster Rovers (League 2, from January 2023)
Taylor Richards - on loan at QPR (Championship);
Haydon Roberts - on loan at Derby (League 1);
Carl Rushworth - on loan at Lincoln City (League 1);
Lorent Tolaj - on loan at Salford City (League 2);
Ed Turns - on loan at Leyton Orient (League 2, from January 2023)
Jensen Weir - on loan at Morecambe (League 1);

Simon Adingra - on loan at USG (Belgian First Division A);
Steven Alzate - on loan at Standard Liege (Belgian First Division A);
Michal Karbownik - on loan at Fortuna Dusseldorf (Bundesliga 2);
Kacper Kozlowski - on loan at Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivise);
Kjel Scherpen - on loan at Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivise);
Abdallah Sima - on loan at Angers (Ligue 1) where he joins up with former Brighton youngster Ulrich Ella;
Andi Zeqiri - on loan at Basel (Swiss Super League).

OP also updated. Further update at end of the window.

Last edited:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Potential for a few other U21 loanees before the end of the window?

Peupion, Moran, Tsoungui and Spong the ones that most jump to mind.

Spong has been in the U21s for years now, must be absolutely gagging for first team football somewhere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The only further info. on the Albion website appears to be '502: Bad error'.

It is what it is .........................................
Potential for a few other U21 loanees before the end of the window?

Peupion, Moran, Tsoungui and Spong the ones that most jump to mind.

Spong has been in the U21s for years now, must be absolutely gagging for first team football somewhere.
Offiah and Furlong too, maybe.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here