Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2022-2023 Loanee Tracker Thread

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Update for mid-January. Exciting times! Updates for changes (Connolly and Khadra, looking for improvement) and new loans (Miller and Turns) in red.

Aaron Connolly - on loan at Venezia (Serie B); now at Hull City (Championship);
Shane Duffy - on loan to Fulham (PL).
Teddy Jenks - on loan at Crawley (League 2);
Reda Khadra - on loan at Sheffield United; now at Birmingham City (Championship);
Marc Leonard - on loan at Northampton Town (League 2);
Todd Miller - on loan at Doncaster Rovers (League 2, from January 2023)
Taylor Richards - on loan at QPR (Championship);
Haydon Roberts - on loan at Derby (League 1);
Carl Rushworth - on loan at Lincoln City (League 1);
Lorent Tolaj - on loan at Salford City (League 2);
Ed Turns - on loan at Leyton Orient (League 2, from January 2023)
Jensen Weir - on loan at Morecambe (League 1);

OP also updated. Further update at end of the window.
Thank you @GT49er. There’s also Karbownik?? and what’s happened to that dynamic young midfielder whose name escapes me, possibly Polish too, may have gone to USG - I haven’t heard about him much recently

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank you @GT49er. There’s also Karbownik?? and what’s happened to that dynamic young midfielder whose name escapes me, possibly Polish too, may have gone to USG - I haven’t heard about him much recently
Cut and paste error - I only copied the loans to the EFL from the OP, missing out the overseas loans altogether. Drink had been taken! :facepalm:

Error now remedied - thanks for pointing it out.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
what’s happened to that dynamic young midfielder whose name escapes me, possibly Polish too, may have gone to USG - I haven’t heard about him much recently
Swanny was good at reporting this sort of stuff prior to the ostracising, I’ll give it a whirl in his absence.

Kacper hs been playing in a double pivot similar to our version with Caicedo & Mac (or Groß and Wee-Billy) recently.

He has been involved in every match since his loan with one goal and one assist although he played less minutes to begin as he was subbed or came on as a sub. But, he has done the full 90mins for Vitesse’s last 3 matches including a creditable 2-2 draw again Ajax.

0BB8B625-D020-4097-9512-DBE27E9BBD16.jpeg

Dec 29, 2011
Swanny was good at reporting this sort of stuff prior to the ostracising, I’ll give it a whirl in his absence.

Kacper hs been playing in a double pivot similar to our version with Caicedo & Mac (or Groß and Wee-Billy) recently.

He has been involved in every match since his loan with one goal and one assist although he played less minutes to begin as he was subbed or came on as a sub. But, he has done the full 90mins for Vitesse’s last 3 matches including a creditable 2-2 draw again Ajax.

View attachment 155756
Is that our Sherpen in goal? How's he doing if so?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You can take a look at Kacper on recent YouTube clips from his time in Holland. He’s a real unit for his age and has an ability to drive away from opponents. Probably, technically not at our level yet. I can see him being the Caicedo replacement.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ed Turns straight in from the start at injury hit Orient - top of the league, with a very tight defence up to now; it's a big call for the lad. If he can make himself a regular it would be a really good loan. The only other starters are Rushworth (inevitably) and Marc Leonard for Northampton.
Jenks, Miller and Weir's games all called off. The rest all start on the bench.

Anyone know what's the story with Duffy? - not sure if he's actually played for Fulham yet (?), and not even on the bench on Thursday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Full time report; mainly from the Championship.
Khadra made his debut for Birmingham on 58 minutes - 17 minutes later he scored (Birmingham still lost tough).
Connolly got 25 minutes for Hull, and Taylor Richards 5 minutes for QPR (both ending with one point).
Elsewhere, not a lot - except for Ed Turns getting a full 90 and a clean sheet on his debut for the Os - kept his head after getting an early yellow too, so a decent start.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Latest News - James Beadle on loan to Crewe Alexandea (Leadue 2). Full list below:

James Beadle - on loan at Crewe Alexandra (league 2);
Reda Khadra - on loan at Sheffield United; now at Birmingham City (Championship);

Simon Adingra - on loan at USG (Belgian First Division A);
Steven Alzate - on loan at Standard Liege (Belgian First Division A);
Michal Karbownik - on loan at Fortuna Dusseldorf (Bundesliga 2);
Kacper Kozlowski - on loan at Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivise);
Kjel Scherpen - on loan at Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivise);
Abdallah Sima - on loan at Angers (Ligue 1) where he joins up with former Brighton youngster Ulrich Ella;
Andi Zeqiri - on loan at Basel (Swiss Super League).

So, good luck to young James Beadle.....................................

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Undoubtedly the new Chelsea with that loan list. And they're the new us.
Which is funny because that used to be a yardstick to slag Chelsea off on here 😂

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Which is funny because that used to be a yardstick to slag Chelsea off on here 😂
Said in jest, and this is said in slight jest- you see from the thread about the possibility of being owned by dodgy money that success moves people's ethical line pretty quickly.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Latest News - James Beadle on loan to Crewe Alexandea (Leadue 2). Full list below:

James Beadle - on loan at Crewe Alexandra (league 2);

Simon Adingra - on loan at USG (Belgian First Division A);
Steven Alzate - on loan at Standard Liege (Belgian First Division A);
Michal Karbownik - on loan at Fortuna Dusseldorf (Bundesliga 2);
Kacper Kozlowski - on loan at Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivise);
Kjel Scherpen - on loan at Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivise);
Abdallah Sima - on loan at Angers (Ligue 1) where he joins up with former Brighton youngster Ulrich Ella;
Andi Zeqiri - on loan at Basel (Swiss Super League).

So, good luck to young James Beadle.....................................
A little surprised that Beadle is being sent out so early, I expected he would at least finish the season with the U21s.

With him and Rushworth, we have a talented couple of goalies coming through. We should be well stocked when Sanchez eventually moves on.

A big vote of confidence in the lad. Good luck James!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A little surprised that Beadle is being sent out so early, I expected he would at least finish the season with the U21s.

With him and Rushworth, we have a talented couple of goalies coming through. We should be well stocked when Sanchez eventually moves on.

A big vote of confidence in the lad. Good luck James!
Yes, very young - only 18, I think. Crewe fans seem to think he's coming as back up.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Ed Turns straight in from the start at injury hit Orient - top of the league, with a very tight defence up to now; it's a big call for the lad. If he can make himself a regular it would be a really good loan. The only other starters are Rushworth (inevitably) and Marc Leonard for Northampton.
Jenks, Miller and Weir's games all called off. The rest all start on the bench.

Anyone know what's the story with Duffy? - not sure if he's actually played for Fulham yet (?), and not even on the bench on Thursday.

There had been some rumors we were going to recall him and send him on loan to a Championship club but doesn't look like that has transpired.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I seem to remember Walsall fans also thought this. I can't see us loaning him out just to sit on the bench up in Cheshire.
Rushworth was 20 when he went to Walsall, I believe - but yes, you're right about Walsall fans' expectations. There is a suggestion/rumour though, that the manager had told an existing GK at the club thathe was going to be the no.1. No idea if true - guess we'll find out in the next few weeks (as will the Crewe fans!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Undoubtedly the new Chelsea with that loan list. And they're the new us.
Nothing like the same. Ours (mosty) are out on loan with a purpose and a forward plan, not just to be perpetual loanees, not moving on. Probably best for them to stay wth their Chelsea contracts until they expire before settling for lower wages elsewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here