Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2022-2023 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Day off for most of our loanees in the EFL today - games postponed, so chance to go and throw snowballs with their kids or whatever. Not much more activity for those whose games weren't postponed ether - Roberts and Richards both unused benchwarmers, and even Weir, the only one to actually get to kick a ball, was subbed off after 66 minutes in Morecambe's defeat at Plymouth. Long old trek home tonight!

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sima just played 90 minutes for Angers as they lost 1-0 in the French league. He had three very good chances but no goals unfortunately.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mixed fortunes in the EFL tonight - Weir and Leoard both played the full 90 - Weir scoring the second goal in Morecambe's 2-0 win over Accrington Stanley.
Richards and Tolaj both came on about 15 minutes before the end - to no great effect. QPR were thrashed 3-0 at home by Luton, and Salford were already 4-1 up at Grimsby when Tolaj was waved on.
Khadra didn't feature at all for the Blades.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tonight Rushworth (the full 90);
Roberts (unused sub.):
Jenks (not in squad - believed to be injured).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quiet day for our bods in the EFL today - most playing tomorrow (if they get picked, of course).

Weir scored for Morecambe, subbed off for the last ten minutes.
Tolaj unused sub for Salford (the manager seems averse to using subs at all - even chasing the game at 3-2 down, not a single substitution made!)

Further down the pyramid, Brighton old boy Jordan Maguire-Drew scored again for Yeovil.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Khadra barely featured for Sheff Utd has he ? Doesn’t appear on the bench tonight, seemingly not injured and instead a few of their youngsters there instead. Potential recall on the cards ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Khadra barely featured for Sheff Utd has he ? Doesn’t appear on the bench tonight, seemingly not injured and instead a few of their youngsters there instead. Potential recall on the cards ?
Widely reported already…..

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Tonight Rushworth (the full 90);
Roberts (unused sub.):
Jenks (not in squad - believed to be injured).
Roberts only played about an hour since November, not been bad just not obvious where he fits in - I've said before, he won't get in the team at CH but while very comfortable on the ball, he's not a full back or wing back....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Widely reported already…..

He initially impressed the Blackburn fans last season ..................... he also initially impressed at Sheffield United. He's still only 21, but clearly his next step has to be very well chosen.

P.S. Out of contract in the summer - or has there been an update?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Roberts only played about an hour since November, not been bad just not obvious where he fits in - I've said before, he won't get in the team at CH but while very comfortable on the ball, he's not a full back or wing back....
Oh dear. The lad appears to have ability, and should have a career in football - but maybe not quite at the level we were hopeful about as he came throught our youth ranks a couple of years back. Could he find his place as a CDM, do you reckon?

Wonder if we'll be recalling him in January? - he's not the only one of our loans whose loan experience isn't going as well as hoped this year (sometimes through injury, TBF, but not all).

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Oh dear. The lad appears to have ability, and should have a career in football - but maybe not quite at the level we were hopeful about as he came throught our youth ranks a couple of years back. Could he find his place as a CDM, do you reckon?

Wonder if we'll be recalling him in January? - he's not the only one of our loans whose loan experience isn't going as well as hoped this year (sometimes through injury, TBF, but not all).
CDM could be for him, even centre half maybe?? I think I mentioned earlier though, he'll struggle to get a game at CH for us as he won't displace Cashin and I can't see them playing together. He has done okay on the left of a three at times.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he goes back in January, Derby will be looking at their loan spots and making sure we're getting good use out of them and Brighton will be wanting him playing of course.

I think we're all guilty of believing the youngsters are going to be great but in reality many of them will fade away - I wouldn't write off Roberts though, there's a decent footballer there just needs to find his position.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm surprised the club didn't get him a move where the intention was to play him at DM. I just can't see where else he'd fit in at this level. He's main asset seems to be 'decent enough on the ball'. That's essentially the baseline for any modern defender. So there's a lot of work to do.
He is one of the many players who is victim of our meteoric success really. Probably a decent player in there somewhere but he's way off contributing here.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
He initially impressed the Blackburn fans last season ..................... he also initially impressed at Sheffield United. He's still only 21, but clearly his next step has to be very well chosen.

P.S. Out of contract in the summer - or has there been an update?

There was an obligation to buy for Sheffield in Khadra's loan agreement if certain criterias were met (such as number of games or minutes played). That is why I didn't even consider him a Brighton player anymore but it seems like the not-massive Sheffield club is not fond of him either.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There was an obligation to buy for Sheffield in Khadra's loan agreement if certain criterias were met (such as number of games or minutes played). That is why I didn't even consider him a Brighton player anymore but it seems like the not-massive Sheffield club is not fond of him either.
Maybe we'll sell him to Blackburn. They seemed to love him.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Khadra was always going to be a gamble - there has to be some reason why Borussia Dortmund, famed for their careful acquisition and profiteering from young talent, released him for free aged 19.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here