Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2022-2023 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Khadra starts for Birmingham, but no sign of our other Championship loanees - both injured, I think.

In League 1 Roberts starts at LWB, and at Morecambe there is an Albion derby - Weir vs. Rushworth.

Marc Leonard (the one whose data profile matches Caicedo's! - see above) starts for the Cobblers, and Todd Miller leads the line for Donny. Spong on bench - and no sign of Turns at Orient - sent back to Brighton as no longer needed now they're promoted, or injured? From the score, it looks like they could still do with him!

No SPL action this week, and Dundee played last night (without Tolaj).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Destination day in League 1 for our young hopefuls today - and it's not going too well. Derby County, down to 10 men, are losing 1-0 at Sheffield Wednesday, meaning they're just out of the play-offs. A late equaliser might yet do the trick ........................
Despite Weir's assist for the goal, Morecambe are 3-1 down, and heading for League 2. :(
Rushworth, on the other hand, has not a care in the world - Lincoln are sitting comfortably in 11th, they're winning, and Rushworth (so far) has a clean sheet. :)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Destination day in League 1 for our young hopefuls today - and it's not going too well. Derby County, down to 10 men, are losing 1-0 at Sheffield Wednesday, meaning they're just out of the play-offs. A late equaliser might yet do the trick ........................
Despite Weir's assist for the goal, Morecambe are 3-1 down, and heading for League 2. :(
Rushworth, on the other hand, has not a care in the world - Lincoln are sitting comfortably in 11th, they're winning, and Rushworth (so far) has a clean sheet. :)
Carl Rushworth won the Lincoln City Young Player of the Year award:-

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
League 2 D-Day today, and one of our loanees is right in the thick of it - Marc Leonard at Northampton, currently in the last automatic spot. If Stockport, two points behind them fail to beat relegated Hartlepool, Northampton will go up automatically. Stockport win, though, and Northampton will need to go and get a win at Tranmere, because Stockport have a superior GD - Northampton 1-0 up at the moment.

Elsewhere, Jack Spong gets a first start for Crawley, now safe, and Todd Miller again starts for Donny, still looking for his first goal. Beadle and Jenks, both injured are done for the season, and Turns isn't included in Champions Orient's squad - have they sent him back because they don't need him now they've won the league, or is he too injured?

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Sounds like Weir, Rushworth, Leonard and Turns have all had great loans. Can a young Brit force themselves into RDZs plans over the summer?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sounds like Weir, Rushworth, Leonard and Turns have all had great loans. Can a young Brit force themselves into RDZs plans over the summer?
My guess, FWIW, would be a step up and another loan for all four. Rushworth could be our no.3 GK next season, depending what happens to McGill, but I think career-wise a higher level loan would be better.

Actually, I suppose he could even be our no.2 if Sanchez is so pi88ed off with De Zerbi that he clears off and gets a club where he's better appreciated!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anticlimatic end to our Championship loans - Khadra starts for lower-midtable Birmingham (where he's had a decent half season). Season's been over for a while for Connolly and Richards through injuries. Time for those two to move on? I understand Hull are interested in keeping Connolly.

Last edited:

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Anticlimatic end to our Championship loans - Khadra starts for lower-midtable Brmngham (where he's had a decent half season). Season's been over for a while for Connolly and Richards through injuries. Time for those two to move on? I understand Hull are interested in keeping Connolly.
Really, what have they been taking to want to keep Connolly

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Anticlimatic end to our Championship loans - Khadra starts for lower-midtable Brmngham (where he's had a decent half season). Season's been over for a while for Connolly and Richards through injuries. Time for those two to move on? I understand Hull are interested in keeping Connolly.
I believe Richards was on loan with an obligation to buy, if they stayed up, which they have.
Club site has done a bit of a review of the loanees.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I believe Richards was on loan with an obligation to buy, if they stayed up, which they have.
Club site has done a bit of a review of the loanees.
Taa. Beat me to it - I was going to post that link too! Interesting about Richards (any source?) - didn't we pay a couple of £M for him from Citeh? I wonder how much the QPR deal is worth - if uninjured he is supposed to be quite decent, but uninjured just doesn't seem to be a word appropriate to him!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Taa. Beat me to it - I was going to post that link too! Interesting about Richards (any source?) - didn't we pay a couple of £M for him from Citeh? I wonder how much the QPR deal is worth - if uninjured he is supposed to be quite decent, but uninjured just doesn't seem to be a word appropriate to him!
The obligation to buy if the Rs aren't relegated was reported by the Athletic on August 8.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It was widely reported that the Richards loan was with a view to become permanent, it was The Athletic I think that reported it as a done deal as long as QPR stayed up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The obligation to buy if the Rs aren't relegated was reported by the Athletic on August 8.
It was widely reported that the Richards loan was with a view to become permanent, it was The Athletic I think that reported it as a done deal as long as QPR stayed up.
Thanks to both. Fee 'undisclosed' I presume? - or is it free, as in out of contract?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks to both. Fee 'undisclosed' I presume? - or is it free, as in out of contract?
If he was out of contract at the end of this season, there would never have been an obligation to purchase clause. He is contracted to Albion until June 2024.

And no, there was no mention of a fee.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Zeqiri scored the winner for Basel against Fiorentina just now.

Never mind. The Guardian had mixed up the players.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here