Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2022-2023 Loanee Tracker Thread

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
https://www.crewealex.net/news/2023/april/bell-well-try-everything-to-sign-beadle-next-term/Mixed fortunes today for our young hopefuls. The Championship not a happy hunting ground - Richards an unused sub, Connoly still injured, and Khadra not in the birmingham squad (injued?).
League 1 rather better - all three (Robers, Rushworth and Weir) started. Weir had a good day - an assist for Morecambe's 2nd. goal, and he scored the 3rd. in a thriling 3-2 win at Charlton, which keeps their (fairly slim) hopes of avoiding relegation still alive.
League 2 - mixed; Spong still an unused sub, and Beadle (I think) still injured. Much better news elsewhire - Turns played for the Os (already promoted in midweek) and Marc Leonard's Northampton 3-1 win over Harrogate ensured that they will at least be in the play-offs - well done to both our youngf=sters helping their teams to success. Also good news - Todd Miller started for Donny (first start?) - he didn't score, they lost, but hey his loan os starting to have a benefit!
Great day for Furlong at Parkhead, playing a full part in holding Celtic to a draw. Tolaj at Dundee - has he told them he's arrived yet, or did he get mugged 200 miles away crossing the border and they don't even know he's their's (for a while)? :(
Beadle's season is done due to an ankle injury.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No Ed Turns for Orient tonight. Injured? - or have they sent him back because they don't need him any more now they're champions? - or have they just decided to see how their own fringe players who will still be there next season shape up?

He's certainly had a successful loan spell there - where next for next season? League 1? Championship?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
No Ed Turns for Orient tonight. Injured? - or have they sent him back because they don't need him any more now they're champions? - or have they just decided to see how their own fringe players who will still be there next season shape up?

He's certainly had a successful loan spell there - where next for next season? League 1? Championship?
Wouldn’t surprise me if he went back to Orient and continued with them in League 1.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wouldn’t surprise me if he went back to Orient and continued with them in League 1.
Orient might like it, but we have never before sent loanees back to a club for a second loan (AFAIK) - I think it may be a policy to broaden their experience by going elsewhere?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Orient might like it, but we have never before sent loanees back to a club for a second loan (AFAIK) - I think it may be a policy to broaden their experience by going elsewhere?
Walton did with Wigan in L1 and then the Championship if I remember rightly, although that’s a while ago now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Orient fans (or at least one of them on their forum) seems to think that Brighton are keen to loan him out again - whether to the Os or not is not clear. General 'flavour' seems that he's quite highly rated (by teams that have played the Os too). Definately seems to have been a successful loan though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is Zeqiri one where its basically known he'll permanently sign for Basel in the summer? Do they have a deal in place? Or one for RDZ to cast his eye over in the summer? That was his 8th goal for the season.
Yes. If you believe Transfermarkt, there is an option to buy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting - but probably just that! Not sure he's ready to replace Moises just yet - responses on Cobblers' forum OK, but not ecstatic about him. A step-up level loan next season?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have Dundee sent Tolaj back to us? He hasn't been in the match day squad at all for a while (and had precious little game time before that).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here