Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2022-2023 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He'd certainly offer as much as Enciso and Sarmiento at this point
Would he? Yes, he's scored some good goals since joining Birmingham, but even there (and more so at Sheffield United) he's been noted for his inconsistancy and questionable decision making.
Absolutely agree with this. Great they're getting a go, and I can see the positives of the young S Americans being kept together, but there's probably at least three players out on loan who would be contributing as much (or as little) coming off the bench.
Three? Really? Adingra, yes maybe.
But Khadra (see above) - yes, he may have a "foot like some kind of steam powered tractor" - but both Roberts and Turns have recently scored goals with a foot like some kind of steam powered tractor, but I'm not convinced they'd be attacking options to come off the bench for us! Weir has scored an impressive 8 goals for struggling Morecambe, but the same applies to him.
Has Zeqiri developed and improved that much since he was with us? I thought his loan was more of the shop-window type than development, but perhaps someone who has been following his performances for Basel can put me right.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Khadra starts for Championship Birmingham City, but Richards still only on the bench (but at least he's presumably fit!) Hull not playing until later, but assume Connolly is still injured'
All our League1 loanees start today, as do Beadle, Leonard and Turns in League 2. Miller and Spong on the bench though.

As there are no PL matches today, the 3 p.m. bar does not apply, and I understand that some games (possibly all?) will be available on the red button if you're a Sky subscriber - good chance to view some of our loanees in action if you fancy it.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Championship on Easter Monday: Khadra starts, Richards on bench, Connolly still injured.

League 1: Roberts restored to the starting line-up - playing left side of a three today;
Lincoln 2-0 up at promotion chasing Plymouth - Rushworth playing a blinder, reportedly;
Weir starts for Morecambe, currently holding Portsmouth at home.

League 2: Spong still on the bench away at Barrow - well out of it; Crawley getting hammered 3-0;
Beadle beaten four times so far as Crewe get battered;
Leonard out injured; Turns has been a regular for the O's, but not even in the squad today - also injured?
Miller on the bench for Donny (assuming that's our Todd Miller, not Donny's own George Miller - sometimes the BBC site ain't helpful!

Edit: Apologies - I heard on Talksport (or thought I heard perhaps) that Leonard was out injured - not so, it appears; he's started for Northampton!

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Championship on Easter Monday: Khadra starts, Richards on bench, Connolly still injured.

League 1: Roberts restored to the starting line-up - playing left side of a three today;
Lincoln 2-0 up at promotion chasing Plymouth - Rushworth playing a blinder, reportedly;
Weir starts for Morecambe, currently holding Portsmouth at home.

League 2: Spong still on the bench away at Barrow - well out of it; Crawley getting hammered 3-0;
Beadle beaten four times so far as Crewe get battered;
Leonard out injured; Turns has been a regular for the O's, but not even in the squad today - also injured?
Miller on the bench for Donny (assuming that's our Todd Miller, not Donny's own George Miller - sometimes the BBC site ain't helpful!

Edit: Apologies - I heard on Talksport (or thought I heard perhaps) that Leonard was out injured - not so, it appears; he's started for Northampton!
Spong and Richards both got a run out for the last ten minutes or so.

Anyone know what's happened to Tsoungui? - he hasn't been in the Lommel squad for 2 or 3 games now.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Was with a Wimbledon-supporting friend yesterday (Wimbledon are the arch-exponents of defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory, although they might even have excelled themselves today), who indicated that Turns is widely regarded as one of the best players in L2 this season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Khadra starts - Richards still on the bench.
All three League 1 loanees start.
Leonard and Turns start in League 2 - Miller still on the bench. Beadle and Spong not in squads at all. Injured?
No sign of Tolaj for Dundee, but Furlong keeps his regular place for Motherwell.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mixed fortunes today for our young hopefuls. The Championship not a happy hunting ground - Richards an unused sub, Connolly still injured, and Khadra not in the Birmingham squad (injured?).
League 1 rather better - all three (Roberts, Rushworth and Weir) started. Weir had a good day - an assist for Morecambe's 2nd. goal, and he scored the 3rd. in a thriling 3-2 win at Charlton, which keeps their (fairly slim) hopes of avoiding relegation still alive.
League 2 - mixed; Spong still an unused sub, and Beadle (I think) still injured. Much better news elsewhire - Turns played for the Os (already promoted in midweek) and Marc Leonard's Northampton 3-1 win over Harrogate ensured that they will at least be in the play-offs - well done to both our youngsters helping their teams to success. Also good news - Todd Miller started for Donny (first start?) - he didn't score, they lost, but hey his loan os starting to have a benefit!
Great day for Furlong at Parkhead, playing a full part in holding Celtic to a draw. Tolaj at Dundee - has he told them he's arrived yet, or did he get mugged 200 miles away crossing the border and they don't even know he's their's (for a while)? :(

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here