Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 2010 Ryder Cup

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Don't know about "shocked" exactly, but his comments certainly showed a level of immaturity, which is fair enough given his age. It can only come back to bite him in the arris. He'll learn.

He certainly needs to learn about good grace and respect, particularly towards the greatest player to have ever played the game.

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
It’s going to be a tough one this time round but have to say we’ll nick it by 2 points. I’m going on Saturday and well up for it, should be a cracking atmosphere.

Rory vs woods in the singles on Sunday, should be interesting if they're paired after what’s been said. :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He certainly needs to learn about good grace and respect, particularly towards the greatest player to have ever played the game.

I disagree. Tiger Woods has lost the aura of invincibility because he's shown weakness both on and off the golf course. Woods doesn't need stuff like this to fire him up - the Ryder Cup and the need to repair his golfing reputation are motivation enough.

I like McIlroy' style, and there's a chance his comments may occupy Woods. It would be a massive call to send Woods out first though. Imagine an all-Irish pairing in Wales claiming the first point of the tournament by defeating Woods and Stricker. This promises to be a superb contest.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The Americans are drifting all the time, and hit 2-1 (with BetFred) a few hours ago. Might even reach 9-4 if the money keeps coming for Europe, but I'd reckon even 2-1 is real value. That suggests they have a 33pc chance of winning, surely it's closer than that.

Don't get the idea that the Americans might not perform in shitty weather either. They are all fearsomely competitive - the likes of Mickelson and Furyk in particular - and it could just as easily have the opposite effect. Tiger seems up for it this year too, which could be worth at least 2 1/2 extra points versus previous years.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I’m going on Saturday and well up for it, should be a cracking atmosphere.

May I suggest you put on twelve stone, wear a loud shirt and oversized sunglasses, and shout "GETINTHEHOLE!" every time a player tees off?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is there any sport where the participants have greater names than golf, while we're on the subject?

American golf, in particular, is and always has been a rich source of EXCELLENT names, like Fred Funk, Curtis Strange and Davis Love the THIRD.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
....Boo Weekley....Notah Begay III.....Dick Mast....Frank Lickliter II....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is there any sport where the participants have greater names than golf, while we're on the subject?

American golf, in particular, is and always has been a rich source of EXCELLENT names, like Fred Funk, Curtis Strange and Davis Love the THIRD.

Then you just start getting SILLY ones like Boo Weekly.

Or some superb nicknames, like CRAZY Pavin.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dicky Pride....Tommy Armour III...Bubba Watson...

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
here are the pairings!! Mickleson and Dustin first agaist Westwood and......didnt hear?
McIlroy and McDowell together as predicted

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Lee Westwood & Martin Kaymer v Phil Mickelson & Dustin Johnson
Graeme McDowell & Rory McIlroy v Stewart Cink & Matt Kuchar
Ian Poulter & Ross Fisher v Steve Stricker & Tiger Woods
Padraig Harrington & Luke Donald v Bubba Watson & Jeff Overton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here