Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
These promote Wales adverts are very tedious

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is Corey Pavin over emotional or just a crap public speaker? This is tedious - get on with it man.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is Corey Pavin over emotional or just a crap public speaker? This is tedious - get on with it man.
you'd think he'd want to get it over with...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I quite like Corey Pavin, to be honest I didn't know anything about him before he was announced captain, but think he spoke well all weekend and earned a lot of respect from me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I quite like Corey Pavin, to be honest I didn't know anything about him before he was announced captain, but think he spoke well all weekend and earned a lot of respect from me.

Really?

Do you not think that his constant comparisons of the event to a 'war', and a 'battle' [then getting a fighter pilot to give them a motivational speech] were all a bit crass and tasteless?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really?

Do you not think that his constant comparisons of the event to a 'war', and a 'battle' [then getting a fighter pilot to give them a motivational speech] were all a bit crass and tasteless?

Maybe I didn't hear all his press conferences then but the ones I thought he came across really well and not your typical OTT Yank attitude

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

looked and sounded like he was just winging it to me. "do we know how many matches we played? 28 points, right?"

that is exactly what i would have done...and it would have been crap.

although it would have been quick:

"i'll make this brief because we really want to go home and not just sit here like lemons watching you celebrate. so...congratulations, you fuckers. we will kick your asses next time even if it means cheating. we're off. bye."

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
Glad that Monty held it together.

I like the observation of an American journalist who`s name escapes me at the moment who said that Monty gives the best harumph since Colonel Hathi (the old elephant leader) from the Jungle Book.

He gets a lot of stick at times for his grumpyness but I cant help liking the chap.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Deserves to have his nose rubbed in it after the "War on the Shore" crap

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Correct me if i am wrong, but that was in 1991 wasn't it.

long time ago and he was a lot younger then.

What goes around comes around

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Correct me if i am wrong, but that was in 1991 wasn't it.

long time ago and he was a lot younger then.

He recruited the fighter pilot 'motivator' THIS YEAR, not in 1991.

He has made war reference THIS YEAR.

Crass.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Crass.

Totally agree. The man is a grade A charlie and I will never forget him charging across the green at Kiawah Island urging his ball closer to the hole wearing his combat/camoflage cap.

What impressed me though and correct me if I am wrong as I only got to see highlights, was the extremely restrained and respectful reaction by Rickie Fowler when he halved his match.

Could have done without the cheering when Mahan duffed his chip as well. All part and parcel now of the Ryder Cup, which is a shame. But an excellent result none the less and some great golf yet again.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
What impressed me though and correct me if I am wrong as I only got to see highlights, was the extremely restrained and respectful reaction by Rickie Fowler when he halved his match.

Could have done without the cheering when Mahan duffed his chip as well. All part and parcel now of the Ryder Cup, which is a shame. But an excellent result none the less and some great golf yet again.

I like Fowler, think he is and will be a class act.

I know what you mean about cheering Mahan's mishit but I don't think you will ever be able to hold back a crowd that had been so vocal and bouyant all day from cheering when USA fluffed the shot that won us the cup.

Crass.

I stand corrected.

at least he lost with dignity though.

on another note, probably the best Ryder cup i've seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here