Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The 2009 NSC Summer Sixes - Sunday 9th August 2009 ***

Lush

Mods' Pet
I must admit to having already thought about this feeling uncomfortable, as I do, about the whole clique-tastic closed-shop nature of how this seems to be setup.

I want to point out that I'm not being critical of the organisers at all, as I fully appreciate they are, and will do, go through a fair bit of pain to get this event organised and completed.

It just seems a shame that it's all a bit "local competition for local people" as the NSC community continues to grow.

Aside from this - is there any sort of 'rule' that teams must be comprised entirely of (or mostly of) NSC users? Again, it would be a shame if an NSC user captained a team, but had players all from outside of this mad place.

Given that some people happily post on NSC saying that they'd be extremely keen to come to Dick's Big Night/buy a signed Wardy shirt/help with the giant flag/sponsor a player then fail to show/pay because ran out of money/family member died/too busy with work/just never got around to it, it's easier to stick with the already tried and trusted, especially at this short notice.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Snoobsy was with Frutos,
He didn't have a clue,
But know he's signed for Dazo,
He's Poetry in Motion, through and through.

He could of signed for Team NSC,
He said "Bollocks" to that,
And now he's signed for PIM
'Cause Frutos, cant hack that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Snoobsy was with Frutos,
He didn't have a clue,
But know he's signed for Dazo,
He's Poetry in Motion, through and through.

He could of signed for Team NSC,
He said "Bollocks" to that,
And now he's signed for PIM
'Cause Frutos, cant hack that.

:shrug:

That make any sense to anyone else?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sporting Bad Haircuts. The top ranked side EVER in the two years this has been going will be defending their title.

Expect hawaiian shorts and catenaccio defensive football at its best.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Question is the FORMAT of the day

A: Two Groups of SIX ---> Semi Finals ---> FINAL

B: Three groups of FOUR ---> Quarter Finals ---> Semi Finals ---> FINAL

Thoughts PLEASE

Option A. 1000%

I must admit to having already thought about this feeling uncomfortable, as I do, about the whole clique-tastic closed-shop nature of how this seems to be setup.

It just seems a shame that it's all a bit "local competition for local people" as the NSC community continues to grow.

Aside from this - is there any sort of 'rule' that teams must be comprised entirely of (or mostly of) NSC users? Again, it would be a shame if an NSC user captained a team, but had players all from outside of this mad place.

Its not a closed shop by design - purely by virtue of the fact that the previous participants have deserved the chance to re-enter, and there's not been room for more.

And there's no 'rule' as such, though certainly the intention was always that it was for Albion fans.

First refusal was given last year to the teams that showed the faith and made the effort to take part in the first competition in 2007 and so lay the foundations for this to still be going on. The policy has been put in place again for those who should up last year.

Exactly. When I started this thing 2 years ago, I didn't know if ANTONE would turn up. I shelled out £250 of my own cash on pitches, insurance, trophies etc, and HOPED someone would turn up. Those that did, all entered and competed in exactly the right spirit, and deserve to run with it.

I don't think there's such a rule.

The Crowhurst team who won in 2007 were predominantly non-NSCers if I remember rightly.

They took the tenth spot in 2007 that no-one else wanted. I was glad to have them. And as it turns out, they are a nice bunch - good sports, no HANDBAGS. No recriminations when their player had to leave us in an ambulance with a gashed leg [with the compensation of a WELL fit lady ambulanc bod] ALways first to volunteer to ref, and to bring matchballs / bibs, etc to help. Well worth their place.

I welcome the expansion to 12 teams, and if I've more time on my hands next summer and happy to look at helping Brett to crank it up further.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Enough of the binfest between poetry in motion and NSC please

we don't need important info being missed because people can't be arsed To trawl through pages of pointless drivel

I haven't finalized ANY teams participation yet, so there is still scope for teams NOT to play :blush:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
... who did play last year!

Has Ady spoken to you about putting his team again?

Not yet, nor have Crowhurst

The Albion Club Shop/Ticket Office are not putting in a team in this year, so there is a SPARE spot (please PM me if you want in.)

At the moment NINE teams are confirmed in, if there is a lack on interest, I will keep it at 10 teams, but have planned for 12.

The confirmed teams so far...

Exiles - IN - Hans Kraay Fan Club
NSC Select - IN -Frutos
BHA Supporters - IN - El Turienzo
Sporting Bad Haircuts - IN - Mendoza
Crocs - IN - Scotty Mac
Wormwood Warriors - IN - Brixtaan
Team G.Y.R.O. - IN - Munkfish
Poetry in Motion - IN - HseagullsH
Stripe Publishing FC - IN - Soul Finger

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked