Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The 2009 NSC Summer Sixes - Sunday 9th August 2009 ***

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
croc croc yellow army

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Right peoples opinion PLEASE

I am 90% going to my head in and invite TWELVE teams of which I know who the other 2 teams will be, as I feel they are worthy of the occasion. (I am just about to contact them once I have finished this post)

Question is the FORMAT of the day

A: Two Groups of SIX ---> Semi Finals ---> FINAL

B: Three groups of FOUR ---> Quarter Finals ---> Semi Finals ---> FINAL

Format A produces 33 games (each team guaranteed 5 games)

Format B produces 25 fixtures (each team guaranteed 3 games)

In BOTH formats, I have shortened the games to EIGHT minutes each way.

Starting at 11am, format A the final will kick off at 4.40pm

Starting at 11am, format B the final will kick off at 4pm

Thoughts PLEASE

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Right peoples opinion PLEASE

I am 90% going to my head in and invite TWELVE teams of which I know who the other 2 teams will be, as I feel they are worthy of the occasion. (I am just about to contact them once I have finished this post)

Question is the FORMAT of the day

A: Two Groups of SIX ---> Semi Finals ---> FINAL

Format A produces 33 games (each team guaranteed 5 games)

Format B produces 25 fixtures (each team guaranteed 3 games)

In BOTH formats, I have shortened the games to EIGHT minutes each way.

Starting at 11am, format A the final will kick off at 4.40pm

Starting at 11am, format B the final will kick off at 4pm

Thoughts PLEASE

I would suggest starting a poll? but id be more inclined to opt for A

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Option A for me.

With Option B:

How will you decide who the QTR finalists will be? Would need to be Top 3 of two groups, and then top 2 of the last. Or Top 2 of all three groups, then the 2 highest 3rd place teams. Just gets a bit confusing.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Option A for me.

With Option B:

How will you decide who the QTR finalists will be? Would need to be Top 3 of two groups, and then top 2 of the last. Or Top 2 of all three groups, then the 2 highest 3rd place teams. Just gets a bit confusing.

Will be TOP TWO of the each group, plus the two teams with the best record that came 3rd in each group

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
id be inclined to vote for option A - more games for everyone, and it means one group per pitch

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Also, you'll get to play a nice mixture of teams in option A. Option B may mean playing 2 teams twice.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would like to take this chance to confirm Team NSC's entry, and also that we will be playing in blue and white striped shirts with blue shorts. :thumbsup:

On another note, I'd pick Option A from the two choices suggested above as it guarantees more games for each team.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe some QUALIFIERS to get into the real thing.

OK, a little unrealistic.

I must admit to having already thought about this feeling uncomfortable, as I do, about the whole clique-tastic closed-shop nature of how this seems to be setup.

I want to point out that I'm not being critical of the organisers at all, as I fully appreciate they are, and will do, go through a fair bit of pain to get this event organised and completed.

It just seems a shame that it's all a bit "local competition for local people" as the NSC community continues to grow.

Aside from this - is there any sort of 'rule' that teams must be comprised entirely of (or mostly of) NSC users? Again, it would be a shame if an NSC user captained a team, but had players all from outside of this mad place.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
First refusal was given last year to the teams that showed the faith and made the effort to take part in the first competition in 2007 and so lay the foundations for this to still be going on. The policy has been put in place again for those who should up last year.

Don't see the problem myself, although I'm certainly not opposed to more teams entering if it can be organised properly (which Brett seems to have got nailed).

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I rarely post on here these days, but this caught my eye...

If anyone has space in their team could they let me know? I would really be up for playing and did't get to play last year :(

Cheers!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Aside from this - is there any sort of 'rule' that teams must be comprised entirely of (or mostly of) NSC users? Again, it would be a shame if an NSC user captained a team, but had players all from outside of this mad place.

I don't think there's such a rule.

The Crowhurst team who won in 2007 were predominantly non-NSCers if I remember rightly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think there's such a rule.

The Crowhurst team who won in 2007 were predominantly non-NSCers if I remember rightly.

Well that seems completely wrong given the title of the competition. To me at least, anyway.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well that seems completely wrong given the title of the competition. To me at least, anyway.

So you're opposed to it being a 'local thing for local people', but don't want to include anyone who doesn't post on here? Not to be rude, but that seems more than slightly contradictory.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So you're opposed to it being a 'local thing for local people', but don't want to include anyone who doesn't post on here? Not to be rude, but that seems more than slightly contradictory.

Well, yes, given it's an NSC competition in name.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the 'local people...' phrase since it's the largely 'closed shop' nature that concerns me.

Anyway, I'm going to butt out now, as I don't want to distract attention from the genuine organisational headaches involved here.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I must admit to having already thought about this feeling uncomfortable, as I do, about the whole clique-tastic closed-shop nature of how this seems to be setup.

I want to point out that I'm not being critical of the organisers at all, as I fully appreciate they are, and will do, go through a fair bit of pain to get this event organised and completed.

It just seems a shame that it's all a bit "local competition for local people" as the NSC community continues to grow.

I know how you feel, thats why I think it is right to add additional teams. I know you are not moaning, and Im not moaning back.
Realistically, to get an event organised in such a short space of time, I can only add 2 more teams.

One of which is mostly NSCers, and one of which is captained by a MASSIVE Albion fan and author of great books such as Albion - On This Day

To expand this thing further, which I think would be a great thing, means paying out for 4 pitches, finding another 2 sets of goals, and trying to fill say 32 spaces, or 16 spaces. I have to front all the money myself to hire the pitches, get the insurance, trophies etc, so on a lrager scale, I coulnt do it in this financial situation

I think that is achievable with MONTHS notice, not days. I would be happy to look into it at the start of 2010.

For now, there are no real rules, just giving the teams a chance to compete again, and not close shop entirely by allowing two more teams

12 teams means starting at 11am and finishing at 5pm, which is a long day already. So fitting in time for more teams is a squeeze.

Peas x

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I rarely post on here these days, but this caught my eye...

If anyone has space in their team could they let me know? I would really be up for playing and did't get to play last year :(

Cheers!

You're more than welcome on my team given that half of what I did have has pulled out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
2 or 3 spots (depending on Mr Bright accepting or not) are available on Team NSC, PM if interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here