Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The 2009 NSC Summer Sixes - Sunday 9th August 2009 ***

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Thank you everyone for all the praise, I know it went well, but it was a lot of stress (as some of you probably saw) when it comes to Sunday and Ive forked out £110 and got nothing in return.

I am glad everyone enjoyed the day, despite the farcial circumstances of no pitches, no trophy, no medals and a no show from 3 teams.

Maybe we should stick to 10 teams in the future as that took a huge chunk of the day fulfilling fixtures for a 9 team tournament

Oh Jim McNulty was supposed to be the special guest, but that fell through, as big bad Russell Slade was angry and made the team go into training on Sunday (their day off)

I am happy with the response from the council, and not taking the matter any further. The trophy company have apologised and are adding extra engraving to the medals for free. This means The Crocs and Exiles will have their names on the medals/trophy when they receive them

Thanks again to Kay, Katie, Tom and Paula for sorting the other bits, and Ali for providing the vital cones

Just one downer, there was a hell of a lot of rubbish left by everyone, which myself and Lush spent some time picking up, but not getting everything. As a result yesterday morning there was still a lot of football related litter on the park, which was noted by the council, including fixture lists, sock tape, drinks bottles, food wrapping.

Please, it doesnt take a lot of effort to pick things up and bag them up, there will be a bin near enough by.

Anyway, a successful day which triumphed in adversity and raised £491 for REMF

Well done to the Crocs for winning the thing too

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here