The 11 players on the pitch - Nothing. Dead. Mimimum effort.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
See this is what sums NSC up. We have had some excellent result recently, why is it though, based on those games, that this one is in some way a good one? It is NOT the fact that we got 1 point, it is just that we done nothing , and i mean NOTHING, to make Bristol City work for the point they got.

Well of course we made Brizzle work for a point - merely by stopping them from scoring any goals (although creating nothing at the other end of the park tonight certainly couldn't have helped, to say the least). I only listened to it on the radio & it DID sound like a really shite performance by us tonight, but that's football for you. Hopefully they can get their act together for Bolton.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
If we are not careful Forest will become the Reading of this season and bugger up the rest of us hoping to get that final play off spot.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well of course we made Brizzle work for a point - merely by stopping them from scoring any goals (although creating nothing at the other end of the park tonight certainly couldn't have helped, to say the least). I only listened to it on the radio & it DID sound like a really shite performance by us tonight, but that's football for you. Hopefully they can get their act together for Bolton.

Thanks for the sensible reply based on a sensible opinion. I do not FULLY agree but the main sentiment is right i guess

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Thanks for the sensible reply based on a sensible opinion. I do not FULLY agree but the main sentiment is right i guess

Happy to oblige H. I don't often feel philosophical after suffering a crap Albion performance, but I guess I'm just relieved the seemingly inevitable City goal didn't occur in the end. I don't imagine I'll be so forgiving if we get battered on Saturday tbh, but we'll probably go up there & play 'em off the pitch (in true Albion fashion). Here's hoping anyway. :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Last time I went to Ashton Gate, we drew 0-0. It wasn't a particularly great game.

What else happened that season? oh yes, we were promoted via the play-offs.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Happy to oblige H. I don't often feel philosophical after suffering a crap Albion performance, but I guess I'm just relieved the seemingly inevitable City goal didn't occur in the end. I don't imagine I'll be so forgiving if we get battered on Saturday tbh, but we'll probably go up there & play 'em off the pitch (in true Albion fashion). Here's hoping anyway. :thumbsup:

Hope your right. People took this thread as a thread about moaning about Albion in general. It's not. It's just that I would like to see at least some fight to
Try and get more than one point against a team 20 points worse off. We just didn't, we just defended ok ish against a team with nothing special to offer themselves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are YOU saying that if you think a performance is superb(like Ulloa's on Saturday) is that you will personally write to the chairman insisting he gets a pay rise and pay double the money for your season ticket. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
Superb is not the opposite to 'not acceptable'. If you'd said the performance was awful, it would have made more sense, but to say it's not acceptable suggests that you're going to do something about it.

Just a realisation tonight that:

Cardiff and Palace going straight up. Sorry, but the latter are on fire. Holloway knows how to get a team scoring goals for fun, and to the PL.

And Forest will be in the playoffs. Been steadily ascending for a while now, and that quality squad are beating everyone now.
What a load of tosh. Forest managed to scrape a win against the 9 men of Ipswich. There's a fair way to go yet.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We got an away point, boro and hull both lost, cardiff and leicester didn't win at home. Not so bad then. We move on.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The Last time I went to Ashton Gate, we drew 0-0. It wasn't a particularly great game.

What else happened that season? oh yes, we were promoted via the play-offs.

Back from the game, well it was only six miles, I cannot recall ever seeing a good game at the Gate. Yes we didn't create anything, but never looked like losing, thanks to Upson and Super Tom. I think the last few minutes of clapping and post match applause at the end was more for the overall body of work than the nights performance. Well it was from me. I was getting texts from my Cardiff mate, they were equally as bad!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I don't know how it cam across on the radio, but to be honest it didn't look like either team were ever going to score, BHA or City. Not anywhere near the worst performance I've ever seen from us, but probably one of the most dire matches I've ever witnessed in general terms.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't know how it cam across on the radio, but to be honest it didn't look like either team were ever going to score, BHA or City. Not anywhere near the worst performance I've ever seen from us, but probably one of the most dire matches I've ever witnessed in general terms.

To be fair to JC & The Asp, they called it about the same as you have i.e. 'dire'. Fair play to you & the rest of the 800 who schlepped all the way down there today, although we all realise - deep down - that it's all part & parcel of following a club on the road. Let's just hope those trekking all the way up to Bolton have a bit more to enjoy over the 90 mins (perhaps a decent shot or two from us might be a good start). At least they'll have the advantage of Freedman being available to give some grief to if the on-field drugery makes an unwelcome return.

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
On the way home. I think that if you weren't there you might think "well defended, good point". However I'm sorry to say that that was the poorest, most lackluster performance I have seen all season by some distance. We simply didnt look up for it at all. Only Upson and PIG can hold their heads up. Bruno and Hammond bad but Buckley shocking. They should be embarrassed by that performance.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We seem to have off days more than any. We'll not make the play offs unless lady luck is on our side.

So we beat Huddersfield 4-1 last Saturday with "luck" rather than totally outplaying them and being the much better side ?

Every team gets its share of luck for and against them - were no different.

Feb 3, 2013
So we beat Huddersfield 4-1 last Saturday with "luck" rather than totally outplaying them and being the much better side ?

Every team gets its share of luck for and against them - were no different.

Don't let the score line cloud your judgement. Please don't think because we beat town 4-1 we are now world beaters. We are the same as last season, boring.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Don't let the score line cloud your judgement. Please don't think because we beat town 4-1 we are now world beaters. We are the same as last season, boring.

Well, we dont seem to be doing too badly right now as were sitting in the play-offs.

But if you want to moan in your world of doom and gloom, then be my guest.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Lopez = boring
Ulloa = boring
Orlandi = boring
Kusczack = boring
Vicente = boring
Bridcutt = boring
Buckley = boring
Bruno = boring
Upson = boring
Bridge = boring
El abd = boring
The 2nd best defence = boring