Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 11 players on the pitch - Nothing. Dead. Mimimum effort.

kjgood

I have to say it was most definately a poor performance last night (And yes i was there). I would like to have said they dragged us down to their level (As in bottom of the table performance) but to be honest we didnt even start at their level, and didnt improve throughout the game.

Luckily other results went our way and we actually are slightly in a better position than we started the evening. Our passing along the backline was very poor and we nearly gifted Bristol with goals several times, Bridcutt was out of sorts by his normal very very high standards, and Buckley isnt right, he seems to have lost a yard of pace and it appears his confidence is somewhat lacking.

Disappointed overall because we didnt impose our normally stylish football on the bottom of the table side who to be fair 'Had a good go' at us. One positive from the night is I went away with the thought 'Arn't we incredibly lucky to have the AMEX' i missed my clean padded seat with a backrest and without posts to peer around.

I left the ground a little downbeat because i would have hoped for a win, but that result is gone and done and dusted, its another day, looking forward to saturday.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We are starting to struggle away from home where teams restrict us from playing. The last 4 away games Blackburn , Sheff Wed , Cardiff and Blackburn we have mostly been shithouse. Proper shithouse. Cardiff being the exception but lets face it we got pretty lucky that night with some resolute defending.

Also at home it now also seems to of reversed with our recent home record suddenly becoming a fortress.

Not sure why this reversal , can only think with all the lighter weight foreigners in the team are less up for it when things stack against them ie a bumpy pitch , a hostile atmosphere , a team working their socks off backed by a good home support , a cold midweek evening.

This division is such a fine line between being on a brilliant run and unable to win for toffee. There are concerns with us but also many many reasons for optimism.

Good point last night , Bolton away is a massive game. Players have to be up for this otherwise we will be hoping to get lucky with our water tight defence again

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Their recent results:

Draw h v Brighton
Draw a v Blackpool - clean sheet
Win h v Barnsley - score 5
Lose a - Palace - by the odd goal
Lose a - Cardiff - by the odd goal
Win h - Forest - score 2 and a clean sheet
Lose a - Blackburn 2-0
Win h - Watford - score 2 and a clean sheet
Win h - Ipswich - score 2

So at home four wins before us including Forest and Watford. Scored 2 or more against all of them. Had two clean sheets. In that context, last night should not have been a surprise and you can see why Gus settled in the end for a draw and a clean sheet.

Of course we played poorly, of course we would have hoped to win, of course they seemed to be fighting with every ounce of stregth and we didn't. But there were two sides playing last night.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Its all about results at this time of the season. Couldn't give a monkey's if we grind results between now and the end of the season. £ points at home and 6 draws would give gus enough points for the playoffs. This senario is unlikely, due to the unpredictable nature of this league. Bristol had won last 4 at home, i'm happy with a point. Move on to Bolton.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It just did not happen last night against a side that had won their last 5 home games. Gus picked a side that would rest some key players but still give us a chance of a win.

It was frustrating to watch and we could have conceded if it was not thanks to some great last ditch defending, Upson was fantastic. We struggled to get to grips with the game against a physical high tempo team that were nicking the ball in midfield and breaking forward quickly. We had some real pressure in the last 15 minutes and how different I would have felt on the way home if we could have nicked the goal.

Double blow for Gus losing Ashley late and now CMS for the season. Gus will learn from this, in my predictor we now need to try and nick a win away at Leeds or Middlesborough. Was not pretty to watch but a hard fought point that may be valuable in the bigger picture. Lets hope its one of those one off blips and try and turn some of these frustrating draws into wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here