Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 100 worst Albion players of all time

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
Damien Hilton

It doesnt take much for a shit player to have a shot and it go off for a throw in........it does however take a special kind of player to have a header on goal go off for a throw in ala Dismal Damien against Cambridge at Priestfield. He could miss 100 penalties with no keeper in the goal.......utter benny!

He would also feature in 100 worst haircuts sported by albion players.....who else would go into a gentlemans barbers and ask for it to be styled like a bag of pubes!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Has anyone said Peter Taylor II's golden boy Danny Webb?

Not sure why this is called the 100 best as it's clearly not a list, but from my time of watching the Albion this was another very poor striker.

Joe Dolan was a terrible defender, Colin Hawkins is an obvious one but still definetely worthy of a shout, Wilkinson and Marney put in a few limp performances but to be fair to them they were just hopelessly out of their depth.

Most underwhelming player at Withdean - Tony Stokes. Played a few games before being dropped as everyone realised he did pretty much nothing!

Will Packham

Apr 13, 2010
Goring-by-sea
Has anyone said Peter Taylor II's golden boy Danny Webb?

Not sure why this is called the 100 best as it's clearly not a list, but from my time of watching the Albion this was another very poor striker.

Joe Dolan was a terrible defender, Colin Hawkins is an obvious one but still definetely worthy of a shout, Wilkinson and Marney put in a few limp performances but to be fair to them they were just hopelessly out of their depth.

Most underwhelming player at Withdean - Tony Stokes. Played a few games before being dropped as everyone realised he did pretty much nothing!

You mistaking Danny Webb for Junior Lewis?

Webb somehow got re-signed the following season...I think under Coppell!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Dean Wilkins was shit (despite the fact he played in today's Championship and scored a good goal once). Slow, lacking energy, and without bottle. He would have been an ideal addition to the team we had at Gillingham.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'd object to John Crumplin being on the list. He started out appallingly, but then won over the fans by his sheer effort, and developed into a perfectly adequate, if unspectacular player.

And a total cult hero.

Started out appallingly?? Don't think so.

Sheer effort. Agreed.

Perfectly adequate if unspectacular player? He was better than that.

Cult hero. Definitely.

No way he's on or anywhere near the worst 100 list.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Dean Wilkins was shit (despite the fact he played in today's Championship and scored a good goal once). Slow, lacking energy, and without bottle. He would have been an ideal addition to the team we had at Gillingham.

Dean Wilkins was not shit.

Not on the list of our best 100 players, but also not close to being a candidate for worst 100.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Started out appallingly?? Don't think so.

He WAS pretty awful in his first couple of seasons and would have been a reasonable shout for the list if he hadn't had stuck around and improved his game considerably after that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Utter nonsense.

As Barry Lloyd once announced, he "could open a tin of beans with his left foot".

Whatever the f*** that means.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Gavin Geddes is the worst player I have ever seen play professional football in or out of an Albion shirt, completely lost at that level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gavin Geddes used to be part of our kick-abouts on Nevill Rec when my brothers and I were kids. He wasn't even the best player THERE.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it means handy in the kitchen but shit on the pitch.

It might be a stupid quote, but you're still wrong.

Certainly, he wasn't the STRONGEST in the tackle, but he had plenty of quality.
I remember seeing him score a BELTING 30 yard free kick at Oldham once, in the snow. Shame we lost 6-1!

Also one of only THREE players in Albion history, to score at Wembley.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What about Tommy Elphick's brother? If I recall he came on as sub for his one and only first team appearance and was sent off after about ten minutes!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Now, Michael/Mickey Bennett WAS shit.

Tried hard, and was handicapped by having a bigger backside than a bison, but I'm guessing he didn't go on to bigger and better things...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What about Tommy Elphick's brother? If I recall he came on as sub for his one and only first team appearance and was sent off after about ten minutes!

Don't forget he managed to score an OG / give away a pen, in the meantime!

Reading away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here