[Albion] that De Zerbi interview

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think it’s a case of a very ambitious manager who is smart enough to know he will manage a very big club one day - not currently getting the funding he needs to match (or better) Premier League performances from last season.

He’s smart, and knows this is the perfect time to make this point, just before the transfer window opens.
And when club want him to sign new contract.

He has maximum leverage right now.

I'd agree that it's less likely emotional rant, than calculated.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
This might be a season where we settle for stability, finishing mid-table and focusing upon the Europa League, before we go again in the league next season - aiming for European qualification.

Injuries have really affected us, unfortunately.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I said in the team for Palace thread that Steele should start the game and imo RDZ picking Bart and him making the usual inevitable terrible pass that costs a goal cost us the 3 points. We played more than well enough to win that match. That draw was on RDZ. He is right that we need some more experience though.

Good Night

Feb 4, 2023
seemed very ticked off. kept referencing the ‘policy of the club’ when talking about recruitment.

some may say i’m reading too much into it, but that was almost poyet-esque. to me it was obvious he was unhappy. didn’t seem very happy at all that the caicedo replacement is so far from ready, and passingly referenced the fullback situation. i know ‘it’s not how we do things’, and i’m sure someone will be along in a minute to remind me of hereford or how we spent more than usual in the summer, but this is coming from the manager now. the choice seems to be that we get some more ready-made players in or forget about him signing a new deal.
Think he is saying you can’t win anything with kids. He is also saying get me a half decent number 6-Locatelli please as Baleba needs to learn elsewhere.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I love RDZ but his constant ‘apparent digs’ at the club policy is starting to wear a little thin, as is the constant reference that we ‘are not a big club’

I think he needs to focus on the players he has and trust in Mr Bloom and his ‘policys’

If he doesn’t like it then perhaps BHAFC isn’t the right club for RDZ. This stinks of Poyet and we know what happened there.

In Bloom I trust.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
RDZ should be more concerned that we are having to chase every game. On 46 minutes we shouldn’t be f***ing about

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I love RDZ but his constant ‘apparent digs’ at the club policy is starting to wear a little thin, as is the constant reference that we ‘are not a big club’

I think he needs to focus on the players he has and trust in Mr Bloom and his ‘policys’

If he doesn’t like it then perhaps BHAFC isn’t the right club for RDZ. This stinks of Poyet and we know what happened there.

In Bloom I trust.
Everyone is keen to rush to the conclusion that it's a dig. Why is it not just an explanation to the media? He knows exactly what we are.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

In Bloom I trust.
I think you're reading too much into it. How often does he say how good Hinshelwood is? Or praise Facundo, Ferguson and even Baleba? Loads of times.

He knows the score and he knew the score before he joined. The situation is amplified because of all the injuries but I certainly don't think he's criticising the club's policy.

And he's right, we're NOT a big club!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Everyone is keen to rush to the conclusion that it's a dig. Why is it not just an explanation to the media? He knows exactly what we are.
It’s a dig. And it’s been a constant dig for a period of time.

Sure, push your point to the people that matter but not via the media. It stinks.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

In Bloom I trust.
And that is one hell of an over reaction to a throw away post match interview when he didn’t say anything wrong

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Didn’t seem happy at all
He often talks about understanding what a fan feels so probably overly disappointed in not winning a rivalry game

Didn’t blame Bart exclusively for the goal also pointed out Baleba wasn’t offering a 2nd option for the pass. He wants some experience, presumably 27-28 years old (with no resale value but the point being you get value for money during their contract)

Spikey overall and I feel how we back him in this window determines his own contract situation
Like Dahoud you mean? A player RDZ wanted. How f***ing shit has he been.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought it was a little unfair and unnecessary to dig Baleba out and say he’s not ready to play PL football in a TV interview. Save that for the privacy of the dressing room or the manager’s office.
Spot on. RDZ is so rigid with the tactics it ends up with conceding when the benefits are not there.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Why is it always one or the other? They play in different positions. Fati is predominantly a number 10 or operates off the left side, Kudus is mainly a right winger. We’re currently relying on Adringa, who had a half decent season in the Belgian League, to start every game in the premier league. Why are you happy with loans that bring no money into the club as opposed to release clauses where you may double your money in a season if the player plays well?
Well we had Fati, Buonanotte, Enciso, March, Adingra, Gross & Lallana as the options for the three spots behind the striker, along with Sarmiento who you'd have thought must have a future at the club. If we hadn't had any injuries, we'd be struggling to give them all adequate gametime. Plus we are probably paying £100k+ a week for Ansu, and Kudus would've been after about that. He might have a £50m release clause at West Ham, who knows? He had also only shone in the Eredivisie, similarly to Jahanbakhsh and Locadia.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
And that is one hell of an over reaction to a throw away post match interview when he didn’t say anything wrong
He threw Baleba under the bus. That’s wrong.

Listen, I love RDZ as does our entire fan base but I think some of his comments are misguided that’s all. Certainly to the media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports