Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] that De Zerbi interview

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
seemed very ticked off. kept referencing the ‘policy of the club’ when talking about recruitment.

some may say i’m reading too much into it, but that was almost poyet-esque. to me it was obvious he was unhappy. didn’t seem very happy at all that the caicedo replacement is so far from ready, and passingly referenced the fullback situation. i know ‘it’s not how we do things’, and i’m sure someone will be along in a minute to remind me of hereford or how we spent more than usual in the summer, but this is coming from the manager now. the choice seems to be that we get some more ready-made players in or forget about him signing a new deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think he’ll sign a new deal. He’s allowed to get pissed off and it’s pretty heat of the moment stuff too. Hope we back him in the window big time though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
seemed very ticked off. kept referencing the ‘policy of the club’ when talking about recruitment.

some may say i’m reading too much into it, but that was almost poyet-esque. didn’t seem very happy at all that the caicedo replacement is so far from ready. i know ‘it’s not how we do things’ but the choice now seems that we get some more ready-made players in or forget about him signing a new deal.
Hmmmm he wasn't very happy. Can see him walking if not backed

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I think he’ll sign a new deal. He’s allowed to get pissed off and it’s pretty heat of the moment stuff too. Hope we back him in the window big time though.
heat of the moment maybe but he’s had a long time to draw conclusions from the summer window. and he’s also a smart guy. he won’t be mentioning this stuff for no reason.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think too much is being made of it. He spoke with demeanour of a manager who has just had a frustrating result, he was matter of fact, not spitting feathers.
Not even watched it but thought this may be the case - or maybe I’m glass half full after Welbs header 🤣

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Didn’t seem happy at all
He often talks about understanding what a fan feels so probably overly disappointed in not winning a rivalry game

Didn’t blame Bart exclusively for the goal also pointed out Baleba wasn’t offering a 2nd option for the pass. He wants some experience, presumably 27-28 years old (with no resale value but the point being you get value for money during their contract)

Spikey overall and I feel how we back him in this window determines his own contract situation

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I'm sure that Tony Bloom and the rest of Brighton's staff will support De Zerbi during the upcoming transfer window.

He also has the backing from us, the fans, which cannot be disregarded.

There is something special at our club, and it is excellently run from top to bottom, so I'll be surprised if he left to be honest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
RDZ can also look at himself - we were warned defensively he isn’t great but you can’t concede a goal in every PL game and expect to win IMO.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn’t seem happy at all
He often talks about understanding what a fan feels so probably overly disappointed in not winning a rivalry game

Didn’t blame Bart exclusively for the goal also pointed out Baleba wasn’t offering a 2nd option for the pass. He wants some experience, presumably 27-28 years old (with no resale value but the point being you get value for money during their contract)

Spikey overall and I feel how we back him in this window determines his own contract situation
He has Dahoud but chooses not to play him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We were ridiculously naive not signing a full back or two in the summer as many threads on this site highlighted but he needs to wind his neck in a bit.

He was otherwise backed very well in the summer by the best in the business and for the majority of games this season we’ve been able to put out a strong 11, certainly strong enough to have kept at least one clean sheet in the league in that time.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm sure that Tony Bloom and the rest of Brighton's staff will support De Zerbi during the upcoming transfer window.

He also has the backing from us, the fans, which cannot be disregarded.

There is something special at our club, and it is excellently run from top to bottom, so I'll be surprised if he left to be honest.
Bloom will only back him if he thinks he’s the best person for the job. You don’t mess with Bloom.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Think too much is being made of it. He spoke with demeanour of a manager who has just had a frustrating result, he was matter of fact, not spitting feathers.

I’m hoping it’s an emotional reaction rather than serious frustration too.

The club aren’t going to deviate from their model however highly they regard RDZ, and I’ll be a tiny bit heartbroken if it all goes sour.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Think you’ve posted the wrong interview there from another night - where’s the one everyone’s bricking it about where he issues messages to the board and may walk as a result?

Jesus Christ 🤦🏻‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here