Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Gus - Your FAVOURITE moment

Oct 25, 2003
i really don't think league 1 has ever been won in the style that we did it in

we were so dominant, organised, stylish and there was also a hint of good old fashioned arrogance to our play

there were times that season where we were absolute lightyears ahead of our opponents, passing various teams TO DEATH. Most teams simply had no idea how to combat our passing game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i really don't think league 1 has ever been won in the style that we did it in

we were so dominant, organised, stylish and there was also a hint of good old fashioned arrogance to our play

there were times that season where we were absolute lightyears ahead of our opponents, passing various teams TO DEATH. Most teams simply had no idea how to combat our passing game.

I remember in the Peterborough home game, at 2-0 up or similar - with the ball in play - a couple of the 'boro players turned and complained to the ref that Ankergren was just standing there with the ball at his feet. I was SO happy at that moment.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I remember in the Peterborough home game, at 2-0 up or similar - with the ball in play - a couple of the 'boro players turned and complained to the ref that Ankergren was just standing there with the ball at his feet. I was SO happy at that moment.

Ha! Missed that. Was CMS one of them by any chance?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ha! Missed that. Was CMS one of them by any chance?

First time I took any notice of CMS was in the Nightmare on London Road game. He chased the ball down everytime we passed it back to Ankegren. I said to my mate "well he'll be ****ed in no time at all" and we laughed at him. The bugger just kept running and running like Duracell man and never let up, I was impressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here