Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Gus - Your FAVOURITE moment

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, some good times.

Charlton away was special, and the St Patricks Day massacre one of the best days ever.

A fantastic promotion, and it will only be a short time before the dust has settled, some things forgotten and he'll be regarded as a legend.

Best of luck, Gus, and thanks for 3.5 great years before the end.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Haven't really. Just saw him as like the rest our our managers who got us to division one. Glad he's gone as he did play some bloody negitive football without a plan 'B' and couldn't ever come back and win a game when going behind.

Time to crack open the bubbley :)

At least we might be able to win a game now after conceding first.

What an ignorant opinion. If you're talking about his whole reign, I can think of three great games where we came from behind to win e.g. Carlisle (H), Dagenham (H) and Doncaster (H).

There are so many great moments but a few of them are:

Walsall away - Winning the title that day was amazing
Doncaster home - No need for explanation
Newcastle home - Both cup games were great
Arsenal home - Really great game even though we lost
Crystal Palace home - Beating them 3-0 with a great performance
Blackpool home - We were just so good that afternoon even without Ulloa

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
His first match at Southampton. It went down hill from there into tippy tappy tedium.

Yeah, we get it. You're pleased he's gone. However, comments like this just make you look ignorant. We won League 1 in a brilliant manner, anyone who calls that tedium either didn't go at the time or doesn't appreciate great football.

Even during the last two seasons, we have played some great stuff. Which reminds me of one of my best memories, the Derby home game was amazing when Vicente/LuaLua were brilliant and we played them off the park.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Charlton away for me. That was the moment when I thought '****. We're actually going to win this thing.' Such a contrast from where we'd been for so long and while it had been building since Gus' appointment, that was the defining moment for me that made me realise that our club had changed.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
When it was confirmed that he was no longer our manager. I have only contempt for his tactical ineptitude and mentally arthritic state of mind. My password at work? ****offpoyet

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
first game 3-1 at Southampton, first time I'd seen a Brighton game (other than a week long delay of the playoff final win in Cardiff) since emigrating in 95 as it was the first time we'd been live on tv in Australia as far as I could tell.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What an ignorant opinion. If you're talking about his whole reign, I can think of three great games where we came from behind to win e.g. Carlisle (H), Dagenham (H) and Doncaster (H).

To be brutally honest, 3 come from behind wins in nearly 4 seasons is piss poor although there might be some more. However, 1 come from behind win in The Amex years is disappointing to say the least.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
To be fair...Gus has never had a chance to have his say. No doubt it will follow in due course.
To be fair, neither has the club had a chance to have their say.

Ozziemate

May 7, 2013
Watching him get the crowd going and him appreciating the response during the Burnley circus match.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When it was confirmed that he was no longer our manager. I have only contempt for his tactical ineptitude and mentally arthritic state of mind. My password at work? ****offpoyet

You've just missed out on 3 and a half of the best years EVER as an Albion fan.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Have been a Gus fan since day one. Southampton away first game was fab and meeting him at a Gully's gang Christmas party with my daughter, she was star struck, cheers Gus fantastic memories :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To be brutally honest, 3 come from behind wins in nearly 4 seasons is piss poor although there might be some more. However, 1 come from behind win in The Amex years is disappointing to say the least.

I'm sure there are more over the 3 and a half years but the ignorant comment was aimed at the whole post. People forget where we were when Gus took over. Yes, he's not been perfect and has had more to spend than most but the fact is he has taken us from bottom 6 in League 1 to 4th in the Championship and so to say you have no good memory of his time in charge is ridiculous.

I think the time is right for him to go now but it doesn't mean I won't say he has done a great job here whatever some people might believe.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Palace, paddies day, Walsall, and Charlton were all great days but the one I remember was Peterborough away in League one. I came out of the ground that day with my mate laughing like little children because we KNEW that we were going to win the league...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You've just missed out on 3 and a half of the best years EVER as an Albion fan.

Hard to argue with that. At times we have been fantastic to watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Palace, paddies day, Walsall, and Charlton were all great days but the one I remember was Peterborough away in League one. I came out of the ground that day with my mate laughing like little children because we KNEW that we were going to win the league...

Same, I was open mouthed at some of the football we played that day. We did it again at Charlton but Peterborough was the day I realised that it was not just a good run of form we were in but the day I first believed we could win the division. I will remember that match as long as I live.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not quite the best,people need to take their heads out of poyets arse and smell the coffee??? HE WON A LEAGUE WHILE AT WITHDEAN MUST BE A GENIUS TO DO THAT:wanker:

You are actually stupid, aren't you? It really is bizarre to think you are a middle aged man, rather than a spotty twelve year old. I find it extraordinary, for some reason I just cant help reading your posts, to see what load of utter drivel you'll spout next. It's compelling reading.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Has to be the Palace St Paddies Day for me for the result, goals and opposition though we played better in other matches. Including some last season we didnt win despite battering the other team.

It has been a brilliant three and a half seasons, thanks should go to Gus for that, and we all know this is not the way it should have ended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here