Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Gus - Your FAVOURITE moment

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Celebrating the League 1 title at the Withdean.
Shaking his hand a day or so after he was appointed and came to the reserves game at Lancing. Wished him good luck. Didn't realise it was going to be quite the ride it's been.
He's been great for us until the last month or so, but onwards and upwards.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All the good times been ruined by the last few weeks

To be fair we know nothing and probably never will. Gus has never had a chance to have his say. No doubt it will follow in due course.

D

Deleted member 2719

It was a wonderful relationship whilst it lasted. High maintenance ? maybe but I will always remember the great sex he brought to BHAFC.

sigh.

He only ever gave me one memorable orgasm, ST Patricks day, otherwise it was turn the lights out and head down stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
No single moment, but love the fact that he turned us from absolute dog shite to what we are now.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Chalton away for me :)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
oh, And on 17th march he gave me the 50th birthday present I'd been wishing for.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Winning Lge 1 in the style that we did, and moving into the new stadium(not GP's doing) for the start of the next season. The feel good factor that summer was great and will remain with me

I agree. Suddenly the clouds were lifting and we had a team that were indeed, very good. I honestly do wish him well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just an unbelievable transformation under him.
The best football Albion have ever played.
Days like Blackpool or St Patrick's Day, where it all just clicked.
The League One VIOLATION - see that brilliant article where a Carlisle fan refers to us as possibly the best side League One has ever seen (on about the 7th highest budget)

Thank you Gus. It was SUPERB while it lasted. Onwards and upwards.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Been supporting the Albion for 36 years, and can honestly say that the football under Gus has been superb and along with Ward/Mellor era, the best i have seen.One of the most charismatic managers we have had,and would have loved to have seen him take us to the Prem.,really would have been serious entertainment!The Palace play off debacle has been one of the lowest points of my life!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll miss him. Remember is fist pumping as he walked out across the Withdean pitch. Loved him for his passion and the fact he wanted passion from us.

It could have all been so different. Such a shame.

Ah well. Let's hope we all learn and move on.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The penalties the year we missed a tonne of them where he would hide behind the dugout. Absolute nutter. One of those managers that you'd hate if you were anyone else but love when he's your own. What a chap.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Peterborough away in our League One Championship season. Unbelievable football, although against 10 men. The Boro fan who said after the game. **** me I didn't realise we were going to be playing Real Madrid.

Oct 25, 2003
when i was doing my journalism diploma, paul camilin was kind enough to give me and a couple others "a minute or two" interview after a 1-0 win over notts county.

he was amazing. He was really interested in our progress on the course, our future plans and he would not shut up about football. We ended up having about 10 minutes with him, in which time he talked and talked and talked about football and the albion. He then made sure several of the players gave us their time.

really top bloke

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
uploadfromtaptalk1372098572667.jpg

Which led to..

uploadfromtaptalk1372098606441.jpg

Charlton WASN'T rubbish. :albion2:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'll always remember the style and panache we had in winning League 1.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The Charlton and Peterborough away games back to back in league 1 were amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here