Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank You Tomasz Kuszczak

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Really? They did ok in our first season back in the Championship and whenever they've been called on in the last two seasons (bar a chuff-up against Hull).
They'll also probably be off in the in the next few days, but if they were to stay I wouldn't be unhappy if they were first choice for the new season and we could reinvest the money saved somewhere else.
The difference between Kuzcack and Ankergen/Brezovan was massive last season, i'm not sure it was there at all for most of this season

This, but with a caveat. When Brez/Ankergren are confident they are definitely good enough for this division, but as soon as they lose that they tend to go to pieces. If they can improve on the mental side of things I would agree with you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We can only guess at the wages, but Tom came here from the Prem, and we beat off plenty of competition to sign him. He'll be one of our very top earners, no doubt. The other two will be on way less, particularly Brezovan, who was without a club, or any kind of CV when he joined. Casper was pretty well known, and was considered a major signing at the time.

Personally I think Casper will go too, and Brezovan will stay as back up to a new Number 1, Hopefully they feel Walton is ready to step up to back up. Has always seemed pointless paying three senior keepers.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Massive shame if he is definitely going. He's had a huge role in us having one of the best defences in the championship over the last two years, and of all the players going he will be the hardest to replace by a country mile.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I guess being okay with this depends on the rationale behind it. If we can get the same quality at a lower cost than fine, but with this and Orlandi going are we in fact seeing the first of some drastic cut backs?

Why shop and Marks & Spencer and Waitrose when you can buy the equivalent cheaper at Aldi and Lidl ?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Yes, it's lucky we don't have a game for the next 13 weeks isn't it! :rolleyes:

Yes, But doesn't it concern you that we have Burke in charge of a replacement, is 13 weeks enough, Leicester have already released there retained list along with many others.
When you have someone like Burke who can't replace 3 good players that leave the club with anybody that come close. I wouldn't be so relaxed about it.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I guess being okay with this depends on the rationale behind it. If we can get the same quality at a lower cost than fine, but with this and Orlandi going are we in fact seeing the first of some drastic cut backs?

Or better quality replacements. If TK is off then I wish him well. Has been an excellent goalie for us but not at his best since Christmas.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Yes, But doesn't it concern you that we have Burke in charge of a replacement, is 13 weeks enough, Leicester have already released there retained list along with many others.
When you have someone like Burke who can't replace 3 good players that leave the club with anybody that come close. I wouldn't be so relaxed about it.

Agree totally. We are in the hands of Burke here and his January performance does not fill me with confidence that we will find an adequate replacements or that these replacements will even be here by the time pre-season starts.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Leicester's season had pretty much already ended 2 weeks before the end of the actual season as they already had the title wrapped up so they have had a lot longer to prepare. Our season finished 4 days ago, with 1 of those days taken up with Oscar leaving.

Doesnt take a genius to realise why we havent released a list yet, plenty of other clubs havent released one yet either.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
4 pages and no links to back this up yet?

Sad if true, whilst he did seem to have a slip in form (and which keeper hasn't?) he was the best I've seen play for us. Like someone else mentioned, I never once worried about us when I saw his name on the teamsheet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would imagine he was close to being our top earner.
He must have been on a fair wedge because Poyet's magnetic personality wasn't the only thing attracting him to The Amex. If the club signs a player on a free there will be a signing on fee to factor into the overall salary of the player over the lifetime of the contract.
But if we're going to get someone as good for less, then who and what sort of wages, and what sort of fee?

I'm impressed with how calm everyone is in this thread. Having no manager, and watching decent players leave is making me worry.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Leicester's season had pretty much already ended 2 weeks before the end of the actual season as they already had the title wrapped up so they have had a lot longer to prepare. Our season finished 4 days ago, with 1 of those days taken up with Oscar leaving.

Doesnt take a genius to realise why we havent released a list yet, plenty of other clubs havent released one yet either.

I think your missing the point about Burke, or just trying to berate another member!.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having seen the difference between him and the Derby keeper over two legs of the semis as well as quite a few keepers at the Amex this season I don't think we'll struggle to replace him with someone equally as good if not better and on lower wages probably.

Not that fussed tbh as I haven't been that impressed with him this season :shrug:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think your missing the point about Burke, or just trying to berate another member!.

You mentioned that Leicester have already released their list - i stated why and gave a reason why we havent - i think you missed the point there.

RE Burke - I have faith the right decisions will be made, he did make good signings and the majority have been good.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
He has definitely struggled for form this season. Capable of brilliance but increasingly fumbly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Perhaps clearing as many players as possible who are deemed replaceable so the new guy can really make it his team and have as much money as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here