Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank You Tomasz Kuszczak

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am surprised that Hoskins is out, but the rest is as expected.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We can only guess at the wages, but Tom came here from the Prem, and we beat off plenty of competition to sign him. He'll be one of our very top earners, no doubt. The other two will be on way less, particularly Brezovan, who was without a club, or any kind of CV when he joined. Casper was pretty well known, and was considered a major signing at the time.

Personally I think Casper will go too, and Brezovan will stay as back up to a new Number 1, Hopefully they feel Walton is ready to step up to back up. Has always seemed pointless paying three senior keepers.

I agree with what you post apart from the Caspar signing bit. Didn't we get him from Leeds who didn't think he would cut it when they were promoted to the Championship? If so, I wouldn't think he was on mega bucks even if he was considered a major signing for us.

Edit: and having just seen the retained/released list, I hope we're not increasing his wages too much!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Always been a big fan, was delighted to see him in an Albion kit.

It's been a privilege, best wishes Tomasz!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes, But doesn't it concern you that we have Burke in charge of a replacement, is 13 weeks enough, Leicester have already released there retained list along with many others.
When you have someone like Burke who can't replace 3 good players that leave the club with anybody that come close. I wouldn't be so relaxed about it.
No. Unlike you I am not sitting he looking for a scapegoat.

After all, who signed Kuszczak?

Was Burke in charge when we signed Ulloa. I wonder who worked on getting Matt Upson here?

I agree there is something doesn't sit quite right, but you have to realise that we are sticking to FFP, so cannot throw money around.

My take on it, is that we will keep one of the three keepers, sign a new number one, and promote Walton to number 2/3

But I am am not concerned the same team that signed Kuszczak will now go and source us a new keeper!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
No. Unlike you I am not sitting he looking for a scapegoat.

After all, who signed Kuszczak?

Was Burke in charge when we signed Ulloa. I wonder who worked on getting Matt Upson here?

I agree there is something doesn't sit quite right, but you have to realise that we are sticking to FFP, so cannot throw money around.

My take on it, is that we will keep one of the three keepers, sign a new number one, and promote Walton to number 2/3

But I am am not concerned the same team that signed Kuszczak will now go and source us a new keeper!
Oh, and hand on heart I genuinely posted that before seeing the retained list!!! Glad it was Ankergren over Big Pete!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here