Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you SO much for what you have done for our Club Gus!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Mullery's is the greater achievement for me. He actually got us to the top flight after all. Gus right up there, so 'thank you' from me to Gus for the umpteenth time. Can we move on now, please?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Tony did NOT blab. He made a statement that revealed NOTHING regarding Gus' misdemeanours.

Did Gus' blab when he lied on the Beeb about not knowing about his sacking?
Bloom could have kept quiet and failed to do so - the club statements on their website said that the club would make no further comments - Bloom, for whatever reasons, chose to make a further comment.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are you sure about that ? Gus did a FANTASTIC job for us. That is a FACT and the history books about this club will back this up. What I find distasteful about this sorry affair is that some people think Gus is now the Anti Christ and has a 666 imprinted between his perfectly gelled hair. They are deluded. Poyet was and always will be a GREAT manager for BHAFC. One of the very best.

I wouldn't say 666 maybe 665.

He was okay as manager IMO but not a Legend, Mickey the 1st was far more memorable,a nice guy that brought us success.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Mullery's is the greater achievement for me. He actually got us to the top flight after all. Gus right up there, so 'thank you' from me to Gus for the umpteenth time. Can we move on now, please?
Now that is a much more balanced and considered opinion.

If some see Poyet as the new antichrist, what would they have made of Mullery when he went to manage Palace. All I am saying is that there is some very unbalanced, ill informed and ill advised vitriol on here which is not necessary, expressed by some who seem to neeed to jump on a bandwaggon :moo:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Perhaps if you left these threads alone, and let those who want to, have their say, they might die out.

D

Deleted member 2719

Trying to denigrate that achievement by saying that he had the resources to do it, is also irrelevant as there were/are other clubs who had greater resources at the time.

Can you name the funds available to them and who the managers were???

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Two words...move on. End of.

Ps I happen to agree with the OP but moved on some weeks ago

Seconded.

Ps I don't agree as the after taste is too bitter

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I give you Nigel Adkins, St Marys stadium. Not far behind were Huddersfield although their stadium costs are shared by the Giants.

Also blackburn spent at least 9.5 million - the only two disclosed fees on this list:
http://espnfc.com/transfers/transfe...2/month/8/english-league-championship?cc=5901

two seasons ago west ham spent more than double us (when we were upgrading a league one squad to compete in the championship - something a lot of our rivals didn't have to do, and west ham were down grading), leicester spent more than triple us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm very much behind Oscar and believe he will do well here but I'm very disappointed in how the Gus era ended. The football he had us playing was (mostly) a joy and with exceptional help from Tony Bloom he played a major role in rebuilding the club. Lost a fair bit of respect for him after yesterday's goings on but I will give him a hearty round of applause if/when he is stood in the opposition dugout at the Amex.

D

Deleted member 2719

I give you Nigel Adkins, St Marys stadium. Not far behind were Huddersfield although their stadium costs are shared by the Giants.
Okay i agree he done Adkins but did Hudds really have much of a budget?
I think Gus has been the most fortunate ever Brighton manager, with monetary backing the rising of the phoenix, the train was on the tracks all he had to do was shovel on a bit of coal in to get us steaming.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think Gus has been the most fortunate ever Brighton manager, with monetary backing the rising of the phoenix, the train was on the tracks all he had to do was shovel on a bit of coal in to get us steaming.

Yes, of course rescuing us from relegation that Slade got us into with the same budget was pure luck wasn't it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

gosh you make it sound so easy...why bother with a manager at all...its a doddle

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Am I in a minority of one, when I say to Gus, thank you SO much for all that you have done for us?

Yes I know that everything all turned sour in the end, and that's a great shame, but it's important to remember that nothing lasts for ever, good or bad, and for the majority of his three and a half year tenure he did a magnificent job. When he came to us, we were skirting with relegation into League two, but within a season and a half he had completely transformed the team. We were suddenly playing some magnificent football, and achieving promotion into the Championship by winning League One. Two seasons after that we damn nearly found ourselves in the promised land of the Premier League. Something l'm sure the vast majority of us could only dream of!.

So thank you Gus, for all the wonderful memories. I for one will always remember you fondly, and I hope that you, as well as this great Club of ours, both go on to achieve our ambitions.

Nah you arent on your own..but new season.. new manager ..life goes on....we hope

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here