Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank You Oscar Garcia

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thank you Oscar. Sadly this thread has turned into some fans slagging him off, which is pathetic. This was handled in a completely different way to the chaos of last year.

I can see both sides of the story as I realise we need to work within a budget but I do think we've lost a really good manager. Sadly, you only have to look at some of the comments on here to see how deluded some of our fans are. To finish sixth in the league with an awful injury list and following the problems of last year was a fantastic achievement. It's a real shame we won't get to see how Oscar would have built on that.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The biggest shame is what might have been. Lots of ifs, but if he'd been happy with how things were off the pitch, who knows how well we'd have done on the pitch with him in charge, longer term? For me, given the shambles of last summer, the injuries, the loss of Bridcutt, Crofts, Ulloa for a bit, making do without CM-S and Hoskins all season and in a strong division, we could have done a lot worse. And the memory of that goal at Forest is something we'll all cherish from this campaign. He was, at the time, exactly the sort of man we needed - calm, level-headed and discreet.

Like I say, what might have been...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here