Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Gus Poyet

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seeing as the thread title was 'thank you gus poyet' i'll be saying thank you gus poyet...its been a good time the last few seasons ...sad to see him go...but thats football..hoping now that the next few are as good ...that is all ..for now

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Seeing as the thread title was 'thank you gus poyet' i'll be saying thank you gus poyet...its been a good time the last few seasons ...sad to see him go...but thats football..hoping now that the next few are as good ...that is all ..for now

very much this
it seems very obvious that Gus is on his way
and the fact that some people still have to try and stick the knife is ....well a disgrace

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Very few people who are currently praising gus's contribution think he's god or desperately want him to stay, but it seems it's easier to just repeat that line to somehow make the praise seem less legitimate, like its from some blinded fool rather than being from someone looking at the whole picture of his entire time with us, where we were, where we are, and offering their fair appraisal, because it seems some people are just determined to see in absolutes of black and white - think gus did a good job? Well, then you clearly think tony is useless and contributed nothing, hate barber with a passion for no reason, and don't care for the club.
Indeed. Don't even THINK about trying to find a middle ground on NSC.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You suspect? But don't 'know'?

Look, I'm in neither 'camp' because I just want what's best for the team I support, but this constant poison you keep spouting about Gus while actually knowing nothing about what's happened other than a few honest words in a few interviews just makes you sound like a precious school kid who's had his sweets nicked.

Your must be really hard work if you get wound up this easily.

You are entitled to your opinion but resorting to insults smacks of desperation. This claim that Gus' unappreciative, disrespectful, egotistical, self-centred, self-serving comments are OK because they are 'honest' is just plain wrong. And you just ignore the fact Gus refused to do his job. I have been informed of worse by a source close to the top of our club about 5 weeks ago but, frankly, Gus has hung himself regardless of the veracity of what I heard.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That we are lead to believe had nothing to do with his suspension, so it's only supporters who are getting arsey about it.

Who led you to believe that? I don't think Tony was impressed. Do you?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
@ B.W you really need to rewrite your signature "Freedom of speech is a right not a privilege. Proud of my balanced view."

No I don't

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
very much this
it seems very obvious that Gus is on his way
and the fact that some people still have to try and stick the knife is ....well a disgrace

And the first comment on this thread to spark any debate is below....

Pretty much this.

Gus's Albion career is on life support, but the memories are good. Despite the way it is (probably) ending, I couldn't find it in myself to hate him or even boo him should he return with another team.

Gus was and is passionate. He wore his heart on his sleeve and told it like it was. That was probably his downfall. There's lots that we don't know. Hopefully one day the who true story of what went on behind the scenes will emerge.

One thing I am fairly confident about - The club and those who make the 'decisions' are far from innocent in this whole wretched saga that should have been sorted weeks ago.

So it's OK to 'stick the knife into' the club, but not to Gus?

Perhaps this really does need to go to court so the entire chargelist gets made public ???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You are entitled to your opinion but resorting to insults smacks of desperation. This claim that Gus' unappreciative, disrespectful, egotistical, self-centred, self-serving comments are OK because they are 'honest' is just plain wrong. And you just ignore the fact Gus refused to do his job. I have been informed of worse by a source close to the top of our club about 5 weeks ago but, frankly, Gus has hung himself regardless of the veracity of what I heard.

well we don't about this so we can only go on what has been reported as the truth(whatever that is now).
I have no doubt that Gus has been a naughty boy but I don't know that for a fact and until I do ....well no until I actually know something then this continual stabbing him in the back will just get right on my nerves.
I am not having a go at you personally its the wagon jumpers that get me , they know exactly what I do and that IS **** ALL.
the whole thing now points to Gus going and yet still the stabbing goes on.
and when he is gone
watch out Barnesy its now your turn again

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Who led you to believe that? I don't think Tony was impressed. Do you?

Nobody knows - that's the point, not even you. You are basing your whole viewpoint on 'what you've heard' - it could be bullshit, it might not. Please try to understand that, it's not hard.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
well we don't about this so we can only go on what has been reported as the truth(whatever that is now).
I have no doubt that Gus has been a naughty boy but I don't know that for a fact and until I do ....well no until I actually know something then this continual stabbing him in the back will just get right on my nerves.
I am not having a go at you personally its the wagon jumpers that get me , they know exactly what I do and that IS **** ALL.
the whole thing now points to Gus going and yet still the stabbing goes on.
and when he is gone
watch out Barnesy its now your turn again

At last you talk sense and admit what you know!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here