Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Test Series- England in India- January & February 2024

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Morning everyone !

Just me in the NSC Stand at the moment then. Not sure I've seen Bashir bowl at Jurel yet.
I was here, just listening in bed :lolol:
Nicely poised match………unless we Bazball for 30 overs and are all out by tea

Edit. 1 down 🙄
Edit. 2 in 2 ffs.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Annoyed with Root, really thought he’d get in and play another steady innings

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So what would be a challenging score here?

I guess we need to be 270 ahead to have a chance of winning. To be fair, some of the balls that have got our batsmen have been shockers, and if England bowl well they might have similar luck.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sadly I think they’ll smash these 180-odd runs off in a flash.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
So what would be a challenging score here?

I guess we need to be 270 ahead to have a chance of winning. To be fair, some of the balls that have got our batsmen have been shockers, and if England bowl well they might have similar luck.
Reckon 200+ would be the starting point for a challenging chase. 250+ would be tricky. All depends on how they start; a couple of early wickets and they might wobble.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Foakes has just about go away with that. But why is he patting the ball about now anyway? He should be looking for runs and taking risks. Adding 10 runs with two bunnies is not going to make the difference. A quick fire 30 or so in boundaries might though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Foakes has just about go away with that. But why is he patting the ball about now anyway? He should be looking for runs and taking risks. Adding 10 runs with two bunnies is not going to make the difference. A quick fire 30 or so in boundaries might though.
I guess the idea is to grind out the runs, allowing the pitch to degrade further. Scoring quickly is very difficult given the spin/ bounce combo.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I guess the idea is to grind out the runs, allowing the pitch to degrade further. Scoring quickly is very difficult given the spin/ bounce combo.
That strategy is all fine when you're five or six down, but we're 8 down here. We won't last more than two hours (horribly optimistically!) regardless of tactics. It'll make no discernable difference to the state of the pitch IMO.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
England seemingly determined to lose a test they were well in control of 24 hours ago

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And now he's out, having wasted the past hour scratching around for about 12 runs. Pointless stuff.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Was just thinking why are they turning down runs, what's they point on this pitch.

It's made no difference to score or time taken out the game to benefit England

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why does Joe never come over the wicket ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you keep bowling half volleys it'll be over quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here